Sunday, February 17, 2013

Doily Valentine's Art

My plan was obviously to share this BEFORE Valentine's Day, but we were having some technical difficulties.  We're back up and running with a new laptop, so we should be good to go for now.

So when I was buying things for Olivia's Valentine's sensory box, I bought a pack of paper doilies for $1.50 or something like that.  Instantly I knew that I wanted to attempt an art project with them as well.  Then as time went on I started thinking of all the reasons why my idea wasn't going to work--how to keep the doilies on the paper, paint seeping through, etc.

But when it came time to do it, at the last minute I decided to stick with my original plan.  I taped three doilies down to a piece of scrapbook type cardstock.  I didn't have a lot of faith in this project, which is why I just used three.  I just used scotch tape.  One of my worries was also ripping the paper when peeling them off.  That did happen a little bit, but might have been preventable had I not waited for the paint to dry first.

Anyway, I taped and Olivia finger painted.
Apparently Olivia took "finger painting" literally.  She painted with only one finger at a time.

I tried to show her to rub her hands around.  You know... kind of needed the doilies covered. :)

And she went right back to painting with one finger. :)

Eventually I told her to give me a five. Then I took her hand and slapped it on the page.  That sort of gave her the right idea and then she got down to business.

Is she not just the cutest thing ever? :)

The finished product...
I am in love with it.  Every time I pass it on the fridge it just makes me happy.
I will be keeping it for sure!

Here's a Valentine's Day craft she made at MOPS.
It has her finger prints on it.  She was so proud of it too.  When I picked her up she kept saying "butterfly for mommy!".  Sweet thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment