Friday, February 15, 2013

Our Valentine's

We had a busy but fun Valentine's Day.  Olivia is finally at the age where I can do all of the fun little traditions and extras and she appreciates it.  She may not always "get it" yet, and she won't remember when she's older, but she is enjoying it.  Her smile and excitement make it worth it!

 One of my friends at MOPS shared a great idea with me, and I hopped right on it.  You "heart attack" your kids door at night while they are sleeping, and then in the morning it's covered in hearts that say sweet things about them.  I wrote out 6 hearts and Michael wrote out 6 hearts.  They said things like, "I love how you have so much to say" and "I love how polite your are" and "I love your hugs and kisses".  Then I added some small hearts around to help fill it up.
Her bed is right by her door, so when we opened the door in the morning, the first thing she noticed was the hearts on her door.  We read each one to her.

Then she stood there talking about the hearts for about twenty minutes while I made breakfast and Michael started getting ready for work.

I tried to get a picture of her in front of the door, but this is the best I could get.
To be honest, this was probably the cheapest thing we did all day, and it was by far one of her most favorites.  We plan on making it a tradition and doing it every year! I love it!

We headed out to the living room and Michael showed her the balloon we got her.

Next up was breakfast.  I got wild and crazy and let Olivia eat funfetti pancakes that I cut into heart shapes.  Watch out--I even gave her a little whip cream.  Living on the edge over here! :)
 She liked it!

LOVE HER!

Michael had to leave for work, and Olivia got to work opening her gift.
We got her a card that had animal stickers in it, a set of stamps, a Clifford DVD, and a few Clifford books from my teaching stash.  She is IN LOVE with Clifford.  I had the $5 stuffed dog from when Kohl's had it as one of their book selections.  I dug it out of my teaching boxes a few months ago, but she has recently taken a serious liking to him.  It sat on a shelf in my classroom, so it's like new.  It goes everywhere with her. She sleeps with him.  He goes on all car rides, and depending on where we are going, he accompanies us into the store.  Clifford episodes aren't on netflix and I couldn't find any DVD's at the library.  I was able to get a DVD from Amazon for $6.  Hopefully she likes it!

We got ready and headed to a Valentine's Party play date that one of my MOPS friends was having.
My phone wasn't taking very good pictures, but it was cute.  The kids played, we had a snack picnic on the floor, and we made this craft.
Not quite perfect, but still something I'll treasure.

We came home in time to get a quick lunch and head to nap.
Olivia took a long time to fall asleep for some reason, so she ended up sleeping until about 3:30.

When she got up, we had snack and then made this owl craft that I had picked up in the Target dollar spot a month or so ago.  Love it! :)

We also used her new stamp set.

We played a little bit.  Then while I made dinner, she read her Clifford books, stuck and unstuck the hearts to her door talking about them over and over, and admired her stamp picture.

Michael came home bearing gifts.
Olivia was a little obsessed when I got flowers last week, so this time she got her own.
He also got her a little alligator.  She knows what alligators are, but for whatever reason she feels like this guy looks like a sea horse.  Hilarious.  She also got a light up squishy ball.

We stayed in and had a yummy homemade dinner.
It was our only night this week that all 3 of us were home, so we just chilled and had family time.

Oh... and I signed up my SECOND recruit.  Happy Valentine's Day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment