Friday, February 8, 2013

Five for Friday

Yep.  I have some blog catching up to do.  I have blogs waiting in my head that need to be written... like my trip to Galveston and other fun things we did this week.... but I just haven't taken the time.  I have a full load on my plate today, so I thought I'd just do a very random post.  Enjoy :)

ONE
After years of working with kids and being in education, I have come to the conclusion that it is just best to buy name brand when it comes to crayons.  I was reminded of this last week as I worked in the church nursery (with cheap crayons), last night at a restaurant (with cheap crayons), and then this morning as Olivia and I colored (with cheap crayons).  Really.  It's worth the extra few cents.

TWO
 19 months after giving birth to my sweet daughter, I STILL cannot lay on my stomach.  Whenever I do, it gives me the weirdest and most uncomfortable feeling.  Seriously.  Almost to the point of making me nauseous.  Is this odd?  I feel as though it is.  I also feel as though my tummy laying days are over.

THREE
I think Olivia has a mild allergy to cinnamon.  How annoying is that?  Cinnamon has many health benefits, so I put it on a lot of her food--oatmeal, sweet potatoes, toast, applesauce.  Well, she gets a small topical rash on her face wherever the cinnamon may touch.  So far that's the only symptom, so I've kept giving it to her.  It usually goes away after just 10 minutes or so.  I'm just hoping this is not a long term thing.  I realize that in the scheme of allergies, cinnamon is pretty minor.  But still.  I think we've paid our food restriction dues, if you know what I mean.

FOUR
For the last year or so, Olivia has pretty much only wore pedipeds.  I've shared my love of them before.  However, she's reached the end of the soft sole line of their shoes.  I wish she could wear them forever.  I love them!  They do have a line for the next size up, but I figured since they were the harder soles that I'd just try to get cheaper shoes now.  One problem.  Olivia has pretty wide feet.  Michael's feet are super wide.  My feet are sorta of wide, but have a high instep.  So she has wide feet with a high instep.  I have tried shoes on her feet twice now when strolling the aisles of Target and it is just not happening.  I'm trying to avoid the $45 a pair/wide foot shoes from Stride Rite.  Anyone else have wide footed children that have a secret they'd like to share?  We are running out of time in the shoes she has currently.

FIVE
 Michael's company is finally moving locations!  They've been looking and negotiating and talking about it for months now.  They will officially make the move on March 1st.  They have outgrown their current space, so everyone is really excited about the move.  The new place is really nice.  One fun fact about it... it's where Barney got it's start.  That's right folks.  Michael will be working in Barney's old stomping grounds.  That's a claim to fame right there! :)

Told you it was going to be random!
Happy Friday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment