Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sticker Fun

We got back from our Thanksgiving trip, spent a day or two trying to recover and BAM! it was December. Holy Cow!  How did that happen?  Time seems to be flying by lately.

I have yet to get my Christmas sensory box together, which is now going to be a winter sensory box.  I have yet to get any crafts together.  I have yet to hardly even think about Christmas gifts and such. So as we were quickly strolling the dollar spot at Target, I saw a sticker snowman craft and decided to scoop it up.  It's not some pinterest inspired masterpiece, nor is it like any of the old crafts I used to do with Little Man.  However, my daughter is 17 months old and it will do until I get my act together! :)

So early this week, I plopped her in her high chair and gave her the snowman.

First I gave her the buttons.  I didn't give her any direction, and surprisingly she put them in relatively the right place.

Next I gave her the nose

and mouth
I did point to the head, but she pretty much did it on her own.

I also pointed to the head for the eyes.
When it came to the scarf, I'm not going to lie... I did help.  It was going to end up on his belly.  Since she had done so good on the placement of everything else, I sort of wanted it to look right.  (Had she placed the nose by his arm or something, I may have let the scarf go wherever the heck she wanted.)

She was having fun, so we added a few more "buttons"

We were done and she kept saying "more".  There were lots more stickers, so I just gave her a blank piece of white paper and let her go to town.

I was cracking up, because she didn't want anything to overlap.  She'd go to lay a sticker down and if it looked like it was going to go over another one, she'd move it to a different white spot.

I tried to get a picture of her holding her snowman, but this was the best I could do.
You might notice the scarf is a little wonky.  Apparently she did not appreciate my help when it came to scarf placement, because she tried to pull it up and it ripped.  Ha ha!

The finished product(s).  Right next to her turkey handprint from MOPS.
She kept going to the fridge all day and admiring it.

Someone might be finding stickers in her stocking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment