Wednesday, December 12, 2012

O Christmas Tree

On the first Saturday of the month I had an all day vendor event for 31.  That meant Michael was on all day daddy duty.  This isn't really a problem.  He can take care of Olivia just find and plays and reads to her all of the time.  But the teacher in me had to make him sub lesson plans. :)  I made him a "if she gets bored" list and wrote where to find all of the toys I hide.  I also bought this Christmas tree for a dollar.  He did all sorts of fun stuff with her, but the tree wasn't one of them.

So I decided to tackle it later in the week.

I put the package down thinking that would be our back drop.  Yeah, that worked...
She picked up the tree and painted the cardboard

So I decided to ditch the cardboard.
Then she painted her high chair tray

I kept pointing to the tree.  She'd paint a little of that, then go back to the tray.

I love her "thinking" face. So serious.

I guess the tree was in her way

I switched to yellow and pointed the star.
It got painted (with some minor assistance) and then she went right back to the tray.

Demanding more paint

Adding the finishing touches

I'm so glad I stripped her down to her diaper.  It said washable, but by "washable" they meant "give your child a bath and scrub".  As I was getting ready to transport her to the tub, she rubbed her painted hands all over her legs.  I probably could have scrubbed and scrubbed, but I figured a mid day bath would be easier.  She didn't seem to mind.  And during nap I went to amazon and immediately put (truly) washable finger paint on her wish list for her grandma.  I think this girl is ready! :)

The ornament hanging on the tree
Don't worry!  Her initials and the year have already been written on the back.

1 comment: