Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sensory Play-Pom Poms

A few weeks ago we had some sensory play with pom poms.  I originally got them (a while ago!) to make sensory bottles, but in the move I wasn't sure where my glue gun went.  So I figured we'd just play with the pom poms on their own.

At first I just gave her a muffin tin and a bowl of pom poms and waited to see what she would do.


At first she took them out one at a time, inspected them, and then began making a circle around her.
This was no surprise to me, since both of her parents are lovers of organization and order. :)

I tried to show her about putting one in the muffin tin, but she wasn't interested.  She just kept taking them out of the bowl, laying them on the ground, and every once in a while putting one back in the bowl.

Then she started sharing with me.

Next, I filled up the tin with pom poms and handed her a spoon.

After a little fun with the spoon, I tried to give her a scoop.  This only lasted for a few minutes and then she went back to using the spoon.

This activity lasted over a half hour.  She probably would have kept playing and exploring, but she started pulling the sparkly tinsel out of the pom poms and that was game over for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment