Friday, October 19, 2012

Fine Motor Practice-Buttons

About two weeks ago I gave Olivia some large buttons and a puffs bottle with a slit cut in the middle of the lid.  She wasn't sure what to do, so I showed her how to drop the button in the bottle.  All it took was one time and she was good to go.  (I might have waited a little too long to try this activity?)


Even though I wasn't really challenging her or "teaching" her something new, she seemed to really enjoy it.  She kept going until every single button was gone.  Then we did it again.


After doing it twice, she brought it to me to take the lid off.  (She saw me do that after the first time.)

I took the lid off and let her have it.  She then took each button out of the bottle and put them back in the bowl.
Once again, we spent over a half hour on this project.

We also did this activity again this last weekend when Michael was home.  Olivia enjoyed it just as much the second time around.

1 comment: