Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Sensory Bin

I have been waiting to break out this sensory bin for a while now.  You know how all the stores have holiday stuff 3 and 4 months before it's even necessary?  Well, I started collecting a few items from Hobby Lobby when they were having a fall sale.  I waited patiently until October rolled around and we could have a little fall fun.

I used a tub I already had.  I was looking for some raw corn, but was having difficulty finding it, so I ended up buying some cheap (non buttery!) popcorn.  Most of the other stuff I either had, or came from Hobby Lobby.

She knew right what to do.

The acorns were bells


One of the bags of pumpkins came with this raffia in it and she was NOT a fan!

Exploring

And, of course, the items ended up in a nice neat row around her.
(I'm not going to lie... I was a little happy that it was one of each color!)




Something HAD to go in the mouth...

I had to show her how to play with the corn. Then I had to remind her repeatedly that it was to be dropped back in the bucket and not on the carpet.

Glitter leaves!

I showed her that if you rub two together it makes a scratchy sound.
She decided to give it a try.

We also rolled the ceramic pumpkins like dice to hear their sound.
We clanked the wood pumpkin pieces together.
We rang the acorn bells--both individually and as a group to hear the different sounds.

Out of all of our "learning" times, this was the one I was looking forward to most.
I probably put the most time (not much) and money (not much) into this one.
However, Olivia spent the least amount of time on it.  Ha! Isn't that how it goes?
We played for maybe 15 minutes and then she was over it.
I busted the bucket out again this past weekend and got a similar response.
I plan to do stuff with it once a week up until Thanksgiving....after that it will be time for a Christmas one, of course! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment