Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Trick or treating is one of Michael's favorite childhood memories.  I, on the other hand, wasn't allowed to trick or treat.  At first I wasn't sure if I wanted my kids to go trick or treating, but it was so important to Michael that I gave in.  So Olivia and I went trick or treating for the first time together!  I ended up having a great time!

Since we live in apartments and Little Man lives in a gated community with mammoth houses, we decided to go trick or treating with him.  Of course, he was thrilled.

Waiting to head out...
I was a little worried how she was going to handle the hood.  She hasn't liked hoods on from hoodies in the past, but she didn't seem to mind one bit.


We put her in the stroller without the carseat for the first time.
She's not necessarily strapped in right, but we wanted her costume to be able to be seen.
She did really well.
Little Man wore the same dinosaur costume for the THIRD year in a row.
Last year he chose a storm trooper costume.  It was purchased, yet he went with the dinosaur.
This year a ghost AND Optimus Prime costume were purchased.  He went with the dinosaur.
It's already getting too small, so I'm pretty sure it won't even be an option next year. :)

Taking it all in...

This house is across the street from Little Man's house.
You can see just how big it is by the teenagers there to trick or treat.
Guess what they gave out?  A dum dum.  Umm... really? 
One single dum dum?!  The cheapest bag of candy you could find!? 

She really started to get into it.  She was talking and all.

She was a big hit with the all the ladies we came in contact with.

With all "her" candy

Our first Halloween

Since the pumpkin patch was a bust, we tried to get some pictures with the decorations at Little Man's house.  It's really hard to do with a baby that can't sit up on her own yet! :)
K got her to smile!

Home with the candy!

Still trying to figure out what happened
This picture is blurry but I wanted you to see how she's sitting.  Such a big girl!

She was watching daddy sort her candy.  Then she laughed her first laugh.
This was me reacting to her laughing:

Michael had to sort out all the candy.  He and his sister Jenny did this as a kid and he was dead set on doing it this year as well.  I was about to eat a piece of candy in the car and he told me not to eat any until it had been sorted! :) I asked him what he was going to do if Olivia didn't want to sort her candy and he said, "She will". ha! :)
I think she was done with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment