Monday, November 28, 2011

A Week of Thankful

Our trip to Indiana was wonderful.  It was just what the doctor ordered!  I'm so glad we went.

We got a little later start that we wanted.  We hit the road around 4:30 on Friday night.  Unfortunately, we hit some rush hour traffic that slowed us down some.  We stopped for dinner after a few hours. That lasted way longer that it should of.  After getting back on the road, Olivia fell asleep quickly.  She woke up whenever we stopped for gas, but she did great otherwise.  We also stopped for a sit down breakfast.  We all needed to stretch our legs some.  We ended up getting to my grandma's at 12:30 eastern time, which is 11:30 our time. (Yep.  19 straight hours in the car with a 5 month old.  Where is our gold stars?)

I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I should have. 
We went to a birthday party for my cousin's twin boys.  We went out to eat with other family.  We played cards.  We talked.  We relaxed.  We played with kids.  We shopped.  We ate.  It was delightful.
Four Generations
For whatever reason, my grandma wasn't looking at the  camera for 2 out of the 4 pictures taken. (And we did ONE CAMERA AT A TIME!?!)  One was blurry, so this is what we get.

Olivia with my grandma


My cousin Sonja had a baby a few months after me, so my grandma wanted a picture of the babies together.
We took quite a few trying to get a good one.  
We didn't pose them like this.  Somehow Olivia put her hand on Emersyn's knee.

Then by the end of the photo shoot, Emersyn had her hand on Olivia!

A cute one of Olivia

Olivia played her first card game.  She grabbed for the cards right away.
Olivia and my cousin Sonja

My mom bought Olivia this rattle teether.  
Since Olivia is all about putting everything in her mouth right now--she was pretty happy with it.

Thanksgiving day
Thankfully Olivia went to pretty much anyone who wanted to hold her.
The only time she had a problem was if she was really tired.
I think the whole "stranger danger" phase is suppose to set in around 6 months, so we just missed it!

 I mean really, can you get any cuter?  I think not! :)

And because she's so cute... her are a million more pictures of the same thing! ha ha

My cousin Erica's kids were in love with her. 
They kept wanting to touch her and kiss her.  It was so sweet.

My little turkey
You can see how sleepy she was.  
She fights sleep normally, but she was all out of sorts on this trip.
She was worse than normal when it came to sleeping.
Thankfully, about 5 minutes after this was taken, she was asleep in my sister's arms.

After a nap...
This picture just cracks me up!


Olivia was great for the drive back too.  
She gave us a little bit of a hard time at Jenny's house with sleep, but it's to be expected.
(All the pictures of her with Jenny are on Michael's phone. :( )

Over all, I'd do it again.  Although, I hope next year we are flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment