Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ft. Worth

Amanda and Hieu wanted to make sure to make it to a rodeo while they were here.  We hit up Fort Worth on Friday.  They were able to see the cattle drive and then we did some site seeing and some shopping.

Being such a good girl in her stroller

We ate dinner at the highly recommended Cattleman's and then headed to the rodeo.

Yep.  I was "that" mom that I myself would have judged about 6 months ago.  I took my baby to the rodeo.  Under normal circumstances I never would have done this.  We just didn't have anyone to watch her.  Even if we did--we were gone from 2:30 in the afternoon until about 11:00 that night.  That's just to long to leave her for the first time.

So.... I put little cotton balls in her ears.  Then I covered the ears with more cotton balls and put a headband on to hold the exterior cotton balls in place.  The rodeo is loud and I wanted to protect her hearing as much as possible.  Plus, I was hoping she would sleep.  Yeah.  I should have known better.  She doesn't sleep well in the first place and especially not when there are things to see! :)

She was dead tired by the end of the night, but she stayed awake the whole time and seemed to enjoy it.  She only cried a little bit at the very beginning and that was because I was trying to make her go to sleep.  I thought for sure that she'd pass out when we got in the car.  Nope.  She was awake most of the hour drive home.  Crazy girl.
(with her slobber all over my shirt!)


So sleepy

All in all, Amanda and Hieu go to see a little bit of stereotypical Texas.  We all enjoyed a fun rodeo.  Olivia was awesome.  It was a good time and I'd do it the same again.  Yee haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment