Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bah Humbug?

Christmas is generally my favorite time of year.  I love it all--the decorations, the music, the snow, the goodies, the parties, shopping for the perfect gift, and on and on.  I love it.  It makes me happy.  Unfortunately, this year I seem to have been bit by the bah humbug.  I don't know what the deal is, but I am just not into it.  It may be that my head is swirling with a bazillion other things, but even so, I should be able to make time for my most favorite holiday of all.

Usually I am almost done with my shopping at this point.  If I'm not done, I usually have a list of what I want to get and just haven't had time to pick it up yet.  I think that's part of my problem this year.  I have NO IDEA what to get ANYONE!  It's like my creative mind has been wiped blank.  You may remember that last year I made a great deal of my gifts.  Yeah, that' not happening this time around.  Gift giving is fun for me.  I love to find the perfect gift for each person who is special to me.  This year--drawing a blank. Also, on top of just not having any clue what to get people, our budget has obviously been drastically cut.  Michael has been out of a job since April, so that changes things.  Then you throw in a move to Texas and that really changes things.  Sure, my bosses are paying to move us, but other expenses will come up (getting new drivers license and registration for example).  I've already had to narrow my list down to the minimum, but I'm still a bit overwhelmed.  Luckily, Michael and I have decided not to exchange gifts this year, so that will be a HUGE money and time saver for me.

I'm going shopping today with my sister and my friend Laurie.  Maybe they can inspire me?  Can you help me out?  What's on your Christmas list?  What are you getting those hard to shop for people?  Only 36 days until Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are the least Bah humbug person I know....But you can wait until after Thanksgiving to start spreading your Christmas spirit... One holiday at a time.... After that you better shake a leg! (or jingle some bells)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we decided to not exchange this year..that should help w/ the budget and the decision making! Don't let all the craziness get you down!!! Remember what it's all about and you'll find that joy again! I can't wait to see you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete