Right now we are dealing with:
- Our condo--I think I explained that we are in between a rock and a hard place. We wrote a letter asking for an exception to be made based on financial hardship for us to be allowed to rent out our condo. They want LOTS of paperwork. To me, a letter saying Michael lost his job and a letter from my bosses saying my job is moving--I either go or lose it--should be enough proof. Apparently it's not. So we are gathering up all the stuff they want--tax returns, a list of assets and liabilities, letters ,etc. They are meeting on the 16th. Hopefully we'll know soon after that.
- IF we can rent it out, we then need to find a renter. We need to get a contract together, do a background check, etc. to make sure we are not setting ourselves up for ruin. IF they say no, we need to put the house on the market.
- Trying to find a job for Michael in Texas
- Trying to find a place for us to live in Texas
- Trying to figure out if we should/where we should/when we should have a going away party. December fills up fast!
- When to start packing? I don't want the place to look like a war zone of boxes for potential renters and/or buyers.
- Michael finishing out his quarter (one month left) and giving it a good effort. That's hard to do when all these other stresses are looming.