Friday, November 12, 2010

Overwhelmed

I apologize that my blog has gotten thrown on the back shelf these last few weeks.  Since the opportunity to move to Texas came up, our life has been a little bit of a whirlwind.  There are lots of things to look in to, discuss, get sorted out, and plan.  Not only that, but our normal life has been taking place--me working, Michael going to school, spending an entire weekend at my sister's house...  As you are reading this, we are currently in Texas.  My bosses agreed to send us down so that we can scope things out.  We have done all the research we possibly could online.  It was time to see for ourselves if this is something we can really go along with.  I'll tell you next week how it went. :)

Right now we are dealing with:
  • Our condo--I think I explained that we are in between a rock and a hard place.  We wrote a letter asking for an exception to be made based on financial hardship for us to be allowed to rent out our condo.  They want LOTS of paperwork.  To me, a letter saying Michael lost his job and a letter from my bosses saying my job is moving--I either go or lose it--should be enough proof.  Apparently it's not.  So we are gathering up all the stuff they want--tax returns, a list of assets and liabilities, letters ,etc.  They are meeting on the 16th.  Hopefully we'll know soon after that.
  • IF we can rent it out, we then need to find a renter.  We need to get a contract together, do a background check, etc. to make sure we are not setting ourselves up for ruin.  IF they say no, we need to put the house on the market.
  • Trying to find a job for Michael in Texas
  • Trying to find a place for us to live in Texas
  • Trying to figure out if we should/where we should/when we should have a going away party.  December fills up fast!
  • When to start packing?  I don't want the place to look like a war zone of boxes for potential renters and/or buyers.
  • Michael finishing out his quarter (one month left) and giving it a good effort.  That's hard to do when all these other stresses are looming.
I'm sure there is more, but doesn't that feel like enough of a burden right now?! :)  Prayers appreciated.  We still believe moving is what's best for us and our future.  We're just a little overwhelmed with the process.  As soon as our condo is figured out--renter or buyer--life will ease up some.

No comments:

Post a Comment