Thursday, August 10, 2017

Potty, Preschool and Pink Eye

One of the BEST things that happened this summer is that Logan is potty trained!! WOOT!

It kind of happened on a whim.  It was a Tuesday and I only had about 5 diapers left, and I didn't want to buy any until I went grocery shopping on Friday.  Plus, do to the remodel my store is going through, we had very few diapers available that week (long story!).  Obviously I could have gone to another store, but I just didn't want to.  So I decided I would just put him in underwear and use the diapers for night time only.  We have done the pee thing so many times that I knew he could do it just fine.  It was the poop that was the problem.  I basically just put him in underwear and treated him like he knew what he was doing. I did very little fuss.  I just said, "let me know when you need to go."  He had zero accidents the first 2 days, but he also didn't poop.  He had a little situation while I was at work one night where he had a painful poop on the floor.  I think he realized that he didn't want to do that again.  So the next day he tried to go in the potty.  It took FOREVER, but he did it.  After that he only had about 2 accidents.  I took him out in public in underwear, everything.  And when it was time to buy diapers, I bought some pull ups for night time instead.

He's been potty trained for over a month now.  We haven't had a single problem.  He's even decided that he doesn't need the kiddie potty anymore.  He goes on the regular toilet with no extra seats or bells and whistles.   I still help with wiping, but other than that he is good to go all on his own!

He does wear a pull up to bed, but he wakes up dry about half of the time.  He even gets himself up and goes directly to the bathroom and takes the pull up off.  He'd prefer not to wear them at all.

The other fun thing that happened is that we registered Logan for PRESCHOOL!  He was on a wait list and they called and said he was next on the list.  I had gone back and forth about whether to even send him or not.  Ultimately, I think it will be good for him, and I didn't want to keep him home just because I didn't want to pay the $200 a month. :)  Olivia went when she was 3 and 4 and I think he needs a little independence from us.  It's at the church right by our house (where we usually do VBS, etc).  He will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 2.  I think he will love it.

So those are the 2 good things that happened to Logan this summer.  Unfortunately, he has been plagued with illness.  First, he woke up one morning with his eyes crusted shut.  Technically it wasn't (viral) pink eye.  It was a bacterial infection.  We barely got him well from that and he ended up with a very painful week long bout with hand foot and mouth disease.  We are blessed that this was our first ever experience with it, and I am hoping and praying our last. UGH.  Maybe he was just getting his immune system ready for school. ;)  He's been healthy for the last 2 weeks.  Hoping we can keep it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment