Thursday, August 24, 2017

Mommy/Daughter Date

A few weekends ago we split up and had a girls date and a guys date.  The guys went to see a super hero movie, went to a gaming store, and bought Logan his first comic book.

I gave Olivia all sorts of ideas... go to a painting class... go paint pottery...

She's very opinionated.  (Not clue where she got that! ha!)  She wanted to go to Hobby Lobby and look at the Christmas decorations.


She loves these sequence/mermaid pillows.

Then the ONE thing she wanted to do is go to her favorite park and play with me.  She usually goes to the park with Michael, and if I am there, I tend to be on Logan duty.  Out of all the things she could have chosen, she just wanted to run around the park with her Mama! :)

I did warn her that it was blazing hot outside and that we would likely melt.  She was unwavering in her idea.  So off to the park we went.  We went through the playground in rainbow order, just as she wanted.  We made it about 20 minutes before we both wanted to die of heat. 

So we headed to Babies R Us to shop and cool off.

She walked through the aisles reading this Beauty and the Beast book. 

 A dad was shopping with his kids, and I could see him watching her and listening.  When we made eye contact he asked me how old she was.  I replied that she was 6.  He kind of nodded to one of his kids, like "he's 6 too".  Then he said, "She reads VERY well."  I told Michael that I really wanted to say, "Thanks!  She's homeschooled!  I did that!"  Ha ha!  But instead I just said "Thanks" and we moved on. :)

From there we headed to get some ice cream.

We went home and played with a new toy she bought and colored some pictures.
I love spending time with my favorite girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment