Tuesday, December 31, 2013

34 Weeks, Baby #2



How far along: 34 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 33 to 36 (month 8) the baby is the size of a honeydew
Average size is 17.2-18.7 inches and between 4.2 and 5.8 pounds!!

Total weight gain/loss: +12.6
 (I had gained 27 pounds by this point with Olivia!)

Maternity clothes: My seasons are flip flopped from the last time I wore maternity clothes, so some of the winter stuff that I am trying to pull off is getting rather tight because I wore it at the beginning last time.  It's a good thing I don't go somewhere most days! :)

Gender: It's a boy!

Movement: Yes!  I told Michael he doesn't miss a meal.  He kicks or moves or whatever almost every time I eat.  I don't remember that happening with Olivia.  He does kick other times too, but it's not as scheduled.

Sleep: I can fall asleep shortly after getting in bed, and that to me is amazing after having months of that not happening!

What I miss:Ease of movement--everything is getting more difficult!

Cravings: fruit and drinks that aren't water--I drink so much of it that I get sick of it.

Symptoms: some restless leg syndrome and charlie horses, back pain, braxton hicks, shortness of breath, heartburn, and general aches and pains.  He tends to position himself somewhere on or near my bladder that sometimes causes sharp pains.

Fun Purchases: nothing :(

Surprises: Honestly, I am surprised that I have gained half the weight that I did last time, but I feel twice as large and that things are WAY more difficult this time (specifically bending over, but movement in general seems laborious).  I don't know how that could be?  I was super swollen last time, and (knock on wood) I haven't had any swelling this time. Oh the mysteries of pregnancy! :)

Best Moment this week: We have slowly but surely been checking things off of our list as far as unpacking and setting up goes.  This makes me feel good.  I wish I could do more.

*At this point with Olivia an induction was already scheduled.  Even then, it ended up getting moved up almost an entire week.  Yikes.  We are getting close!  I did a Target registry yesterday while wasting time during my "test".  It tells you how many days left until your "event".  41. Holy cow!*

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of my test... The nurse called this morning with my results.  Her exact words were, "Your labs look beautiful.  Go eat a candy bar."  Michael thinks I should have said, "I can't afford a candy bar because you made me do unnecessary testing."  Funny, but I didn't say it. :)  Hopefully we are done with the gestational diabetes obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment