Monday, December 2, 2013

We plan...

... and God laughs.

Yeah.  Ever hear that one?  It pretty much sums up the last 3 years of my life.  As a side note, please do not use the cliched line that "God is testing me".  I may vomit on your shoes.  If I had a dollar for every time someone has said that to me in the last few years--all of Olivia's medical bills would be paid off.

So, if you remember, the "plan" was to stay at Michael's mom's house until after Logan arrived.  I didn't really want to move twice in one pregnancy and we didn't have the opportunity ahead of time to find a place.  Also, it would have been great to save some money.

Fast forward a few months and we have decided to move.
(source)
There really are multiple reasons why we came to this conclusion.  However, the thing that pushed us over the edge was a talk I had with a friend.  I was trying to be OK with all of the sacrifices that would have needed to be made to bring a baby home here (no nursery, shuffling visitors around others schedules, etc).  She reminded me that the newborn stage is a very special time that only happens a few times (twice, in my case) in your life.  Not only is it a special time, but it is also a very emotional time.  It is important to come home from the hospital to my own space.  The farther along I get in this pregnancy, the more I realize that this is going to be important to me.

That led us to looking for a rental house.  The nice thing about Michael working from home is that we weren't limited to a specific location.  We were able to find something that was within our budget and will meet our families needs nicely.  It's a little farther out that we wanted to be, but the extra space was worth the drive.

We will be moving on Friday.  Yes, I will be 30 week pregnant.  Don't worry.  The only thing I will be doing is packing up some clothes and toys that we unpacked, and then unpacking at the new place.  We sold a lot of our furniture before our move back, so we will slowly have to piece the house together one room at a time.  We are both excited though.  It has 4 bedrooms, two living spaces (which we really wanted), two and a half baths, a two car garage, and LOTS of room for storage.  It will be so nice to be "settled".

No comments:

Post a Comment