Tuesday, December 3, 2013

30 Weeks, Baby #2

**I am going to try my best to get a picture today and add it later.  I never have anywhere to go on Mondays, so I don't usually get all done up.  Clearly this is becoming an issue. :) **

How far along: 30 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 29 to 32 the baby is the size of a squash
Average size is 15.2-16.7 inches and between 2.5 to 3.8 pounds

Total weight gain/loss:+9.8

Maternity clothes: Yep.  Still rocking the same old rotation. :)  Some of my shoes are starting to get a little tight.  This was the nice thing about having Olivia in the summer.  When my shoes got too tight, I went out and bought some bigger flip flops for $5.  I don't think that is going to work this time.  So far, I've just been jamming my feet in the shoes I have.

Gender: It's a boy!

Movement: Daily as it should be.  He's even started moving around while I am on the move.  It use to be just when I was sitting/laying.  Although, I will say that he moves less than Olivia did, so I do tend to worry more with him.

Sleep: Shockingly, I have actually gotten a few good nights of sleep this week! Woo Hoo!

What I miss: ease of movement


Cravings: nothing in particular

Symptoms: This week it has been an aching back.  There is just one spot that has a kink in it or something.  No matter what I do, I cannot get it to go away.  I've also just had a general uncomfortable feeling.  Oh, and some Braxton Hicks too.

Fun Purchases: Nothing for baby Logan.  He has gotten put on the back burner for the last few weeks.  We had to put a deposit on the house, and we know we are going to have to buy some items for it when we move it, so we have been trying not to spend anything.  The only things that were purchased this week were Christmas related items for Olivia.

Surprises: I am pleasantly surprised that I am not swelling as much this time around.  At this point with Olivia, I had already been without my wedding rings for a month due to swelling.  I think part of it has to do with the season (hot vs cold), part of it has to do with the fact that I've gained half as much weight, and *hopefully* part of it has to due with the fact that I am not going to have high blood pressure issues this time. :)

Milestones: 10 weeks to go! 70 days to be exact.  Of course, that is if he comes on his due date.  I am anticipating that we will not go that long.  Either way, that is not that long at all.  A lot of the normal baby planning has been put on hold because of our current situation.  So as soon as we move I feel like I have a TON of stuff to get done--decorate a room, make meals to freeze, finish buying needed items....  Ahhh! He is going to be here so soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment