Friday, November 30, 2012

Our Travels

I'm happy to report that our travels went much better than we had anticipated.
We left a little after 6 (central time) on Friday night and pulled into my grandma's driveway on Saturday morning at 11:45 (eastern time).  Olivia didn't love sleeping in the car, but she did pretty good considering.

We did a lot of relaxing and hanging out, which was nice.  I'm shocked to even type this, but we didn't play ONE. SINGLE. CARD GAME the whole time we were there!!!  Michael did get to go to the movies though, which was nice for him.  Also, I got to have a great Thirty-One party with my family and a few of my cousin's friends.

Olivia had a good time. She was her usual self--happy to show off, but not willing to hand out any love and affection. :)
She did learn that my grandma's name was GiGi and would walk into the kitchen every morning saying "GiGi".  She didn't, however, want GiGi picking her up! So Olivia!


I ended up being worried about nothing when it came to the sleep.
Saturday night she was REALLY tired and started melting down when everyone was over at the house.  We put her to bed and she was out withing minutes.  Other than that, we never had a single issue!
She loved all the dogs too!

I was attempting to get a cute Thanksgiving Day picture.  It wasn't happening...

Olivia enjoyed the Thanksgiving meal.  She had turkey, corn, sweet potatoe fries (that I made and brought for her), applesauce, cranberry sauce--that she oddly enjoyed?!, and stuffing.  That was the extent of the non-dairy options.  The stuffing had butter and that was as far as I was willing to push it.  She did get a few bites of pie as well.

I guess her cousin Em wanted some stuffing too! :)
 
Michael was melting hot the whole day, so he made his way outside a few times.
Olivia was picking rocks for him.
Ruffle pants are big in the south... and I suppose monograms are too.  Since we did the tu tu thing last year, I was wanting to do something a little fun and different.  I realize I picked sort of a funky pattern, but I had no idea I would get so many references to the 70's or clown pants.  Oh well, I think my southern belle looked pretty cute (minus the drool spots)!

My aunt had a mini craft for the kids and then they went out and had a pinata.  Olivia was super excited!

I only have blurry cell phone pictures from Columbus, but we had a great time there as well.  Michael spent a night out with the guys, I spent a night out with my friend Laurie, we had breakfast with The Bobbs (my adopted family), and spent as much time as we could at Michael's mom's.  She had all sorts of toys for Olivia to play with and Olivia had a great time making herself at home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment