Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

 (Not interested in taking pictures!)

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!  I celebrated my first official mother's day yesterday, and it was a great day.

It started off by me sleeping in!  Unfortunately, my body doesn't always let me sleep in as late as I would like these days, but Michael got up with Olivia so I didn't have to.  

They left the house shortly after getting up and returned with my favorite Starbucks coffee drink, a yummy pastry, a birthday cake pop (because who doesn't love those?), a dozen roses, and a sweet card.

Michael fed Olivia her breakfast while I sipped on my coffee and enjoyed doing nothing!  We didn't make it to church (gasp).  We can't do first service because of Olivia's nap schedule and Michael had something planned for me at noon, so that eliminated second service.  I think God will let it slide though.


We had some time to just play and enjoy the morning. I got ready while Olivia napped.  Then I headed to my appointment--an hour long massage.  Ah, how glorious it was!  I really liked the girl I had. Sometimes a massage can be not as relaxing as you had hoped based on the person giving it to you, but she was a good fit for me and I was truly able to just relax.

Afterwards I picked Michael and Olivia up and we headed out to a late lunch.  The place we went to was serving brunch and one of the days specials was red velvet pancakes.  Um... YES please.  They were really good too!

(She wouldn't smile, so I had to resort to tickling!)

Next we headed home.  It was another nap for Olivia, while Michael and I watched a movie from Red Box.


Our late afternoon was filled with playing, skyping with Michael's mom, feeding Olivia dinner and daddy giving her a bath.

Michael asked what I wanted to do for my last meal of "my" day.  I said I didn't care.  As long as it meant I didn't have to think about it, come up with a plan, fix it, etc. Since I desperately need to go grocery shopping, he suggested pizza. That worked for me.  The rest of our evening was spent watching another movie from Red Box.

All in all it was a perfect day.  I didn't have to prepare a meal.  I got to be pampered.  I got to relax.  I had many people sending me emails, texts, messages on facebook and calls wishing me a happy day.  But best of all, I got to spend it with my two favorite people.
I'm so blessed to be her mom!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great day! It's no surprise that you're an awesome mommy. Love ya, friend.

    ReplyDelete