Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day craft... and something for dad too

After 4 years of working with Little Man, I feel like I have completely exhausted all crafty gift ideas.  Between Grandparents day, Mother's day, Father's day, Christmas (for all 4), and (4) birthday EACH YEAR... I have either been there/done that or did some variation.

Apparently I set the bar too high for myself when I started working with him, because now it is pretty much expected and sometimes (grandparent's birthdays) even requested.

This year, Little Man made his mom a card/book that was inspired by something I saw on pinterest.  (And let me tell you... even that wasn't much help.  Practically everything I saw on there we have already done!)

For Mother's Day 3 years ago, I had Little Man answer some questions about his mom.  Then I typed it up, put it on nice scrapbook paper, and covered it with contact paper.  This year we recreated that.  I thought it would be fun to see how his answers had changed over time.
(I know you can't read it... that was sort of the point.  I am just showing what it looked like.)

It turns out that both K and G have a birthday in May.  G's was the day before Mother's Day, so we went ahead and made him a gift too.

I bought a cheap frame at Jo Ann's and Little Man painted it green.  Then he (sort of) covered it in washers.  I saw something like this a long time ago--I'm not even sure where--and it stuck in my head as an idea to use.  I think the original piece that I saw was completely covered in washers, but I thought our rendition turned out pretty cute.

Sorry about the photo quality.  I decided that I should take pictures for my blog literally as I was wrapping them and walking out the door to pick Little Man up from school.  You can still get the idea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment