Saturday, May 26, 2012

11 Month Loves

Here are some of the things we are loving this month.

Munchkin Corner Bath Organizer
We started using a few bath toys here and then when Olivia was 5 and 6 months.  Around 7 months when she was sitting up in the tub, we broke out some of the other toys that had been given to us.  Then she got another toy in her Easter basket.  The sides of our tub were quickly lined with baby bath toys.  We did get the frog pod thing, but I was hesitant to put it up.  I had heard and read from MANY people that the suctions didn't work.  One friend said it scared the crap out of them in the middle of the night when it fell off the wall.  I decided to return it and go with this holder from Target.  It was $10, so I figured if it didn't work then I wouldn't be out much.  It's been up for about two months.  It hasn't fallen once and it holds ALL of her bath toys.  Perfect!

Safety 1st Essientials Child Proofing Kit
We waited on the baby proofing until it was absolutely necessary.  Not too long after Olivia learned to crawl, she headed straight for the outlets.  We got this kit as a gift, so we busted it out and have the outlets covered.

Safety 1st Exchangeable Tip 3 in 1 Thermometer
You may remember that I spent days researching and reading reviews online before I registered.  I made a detailed list of what I was registering for and where I was registering for it at.  I didn't just want to show up at the store and scan the one I thought was the prettiest.  I wanted to make sure I was getting the best item for my money (or gift).  We got a little Vick's rectal thermometer as well as this 3 in 1 one.  You may also remember that I had to use a thermometer to "stimulate the bowels".  Since the Vick's rectal only, that is the one I had handy.  I used it in the beginning when we were having her issues.  I used it here and there when she felt hot, but wasn't.  This time however, I knew she had a fever and I wanted to get the most accurate reading.  We got this one out and I really liked it.  It was quick and user friendly.  I don't think I'll be using the Vick's one anymore.  It's small.  Maybe I'll throw it in the diaper bag for one of those "just in case" moments.

North State Superyard
I have a post coming on this... but we have one and we use it!  I'm thinking of possibly getting another one for at work since we will be there during the day this summer!

Playskool Poppin' Park Elefun Busy Ball Popper
She got this for a Christmas gift.  She wasn't too sure about it at first, but now she loves it.  It sits on the bottom shelf of a built in book case and she goes over to it and tries to pull it off.  The rest of the day it sits out and she knows how to turn it out.  She isn't as interested in the balls popping out as she is the sounds, music, and air.  She does like the suck on the balls though.

Ten Little Ladybugs
Olivia spends a good part of her day with books.  She loves to pull them off the shelf.  She loves to flip through the pages.  She enjoys being read to.  She will play with/read her books, go play with something else, and then go back to her books.  This book is HANDS DOWN her favorite book.  I actually take it with me to gymnastics and TKD to help keep her entertained.  If I pull it out she gets all excited and starts bouncing up and down.  It's not just the little 3D ladybugs she likes either.  We have 3 other books with 3D images and she isn't nearly as fond of them.  It has something to do with the illustrations and the bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment