Monday, June 12, 2017

Summer Fun

We waited until June 1st to officially call it summer.  We kicked it off with a visit to a new donut store.  Yummy!

Later in the day we did some resistance painting, which I called "secret messages".  I wrote on some white paper with white crayons.  Then they had to paint and find out what the message was.

Logan had pictures of summer--ice cream cone, the sun, and water.

Olivia's said "Yay for summer" and I think her rainbow painting made it looked perfect.
Then I did one for each of them with their name on it.

The little boy I use to nanny never really snacked.  Olivia has never really snacked. Logan, on the other hand, wants to eat ALL DAY LONG.  He's super picky.  So whereas Olivia eats her 3 meals a day and is usually good, he has only a handful of foods that he likes.  I can't figure out if he's going through a growth spurt, picked up this "I'm hungry" habit from someone, or if he truly is hungry.  He never likes my offers for bananas or apples, so I'm confident he's not starving. ;)  But I'm trying to come up with some fun ways to get him to eat healthy snacks.

So we skewered some blueberries... which they thought was fantastic!

Then we covered them with some strawberry yogurt and froze them.  I think they liked making them more than they liked eating them, but they did eat the whole bunch over a week's time.

We also spent a Sunday afternoon working on a 200 piece puzzle.  This was a first for us.  They were both really excited.  I knew Logan would be of little help, but Olivia baled on us after about the first 10 minutes.  Michael and I finished it.  We'll try again another time.  She can do 100 piece puzzles, so I was trying to challenge her, but she was in it for the fun and not the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment