Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Trail Time

One of the tenants of  the Charlotte Mason philosophy is spending a lot of time in nature to learn.  Admittedly, nature is not my thing.  It was no surprise to me when I had to take a multiple intelligence quiz in college and it basically revealed that I do not learn through nature or music.  I could have told you those were not my strengths.  But I do want to expose my children to nature, and we are also trying to stay more active.  Couple that with the fact that we went from 107 degrees on Friday (seriously!) to 88 on Sunday, and we headed out for a nature walk!

We have a goal to check out all of the different parks and trails in our area.

Olivia wasn't too sure about a park without a playground at first, but she ended up loving it!

They both found walking sticks to use for a little while.

Because of church and lunch, we didn't get out until late afternoon.  It was still pretty hot, but not as hot as it has been.  It was nice just to be out!

checking out the water below

We ended our walk with a sit on the rocks to enjoy the pond and the breeze.  Olivia was teaching Logan how to count. :)

We can't wait to check out the other trails and parks... in the cooler temps!

No comments:

Post a Comment