Saturday, September 27, 2014

Johnny Appleseed Day

We had a little Johnny Appleseed fun yesterday.  I had the babysitting kids over and I had to work last night, so we kept it sort of simple.

First, we made apple turnovers.
I made this with my first graders every year.  It's pretty simple.  First she (they) pressed out a biscuit.

Then she placed apples on top

She diligently put one piece on at a time.  No piles for her!

She added the cinnamon and sugar and I put some butter on top.  I also closed it up for her.

She wasn't sure about the taste.  She ate about half of it.

Then it was finger painting time


The finished product

After nap we did some number recognition/fine motor skill work


She thought it was great.  I'm glad that a felt tree and some tweezers is a "treat". :)



Happy Johnny Appleseed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment