Saturday, September 29, 2012

Loving and Not Loving

 I am loving... not having to go to work. Sure, staying home brings a different level of stress (finances, etc), but it is nothing compared to the emotional nightmare I was living a few months ago.  I was going to have to sacrifice something either way, and I would much rather sacrifice the money than time with my daughter, emotional health, family dinners, evenings with Michael, etc.

I am not loving... that we have a ridiculous looking gate around our entertainment center.  I just don't know what the alternative is.

I am loving... Olivia's Halloween costume.  It came in the mail the other day and is so stinking cute!  I hope it still fits in a month!

I am not loving... That my walls are bare. Sigh.

I am loving... That I have THREE 31 parties booked.  I totally believe that this business is exactly what my family needs and I am so ready to start rocking it!

I am not loving... Olivia's sudden disinterest in certain foods.  I am hoping it's just a phase or a teething thing.  Please don't let my good eater go away!!!

I am loving... That I joined MOPS.  I was so nervous how Olivia would do, and she seems to enjoy it.  I was also a little unsure of how I would like it/fit in, but I feel like it is going to be just the thing I needed.

I am not loving... hats.  I mean, I like hats.  I dislike that I am not a hat girl.  Trust me.  I've tried.  I just read a post about a family going to donuts on a Saturday morning.  Then I saw the picture and the mom was in a hat.  I can't do that.  I also just can't roll out of bed and go.  I mean... I could.  People would judge my greasy hair for sure though! Ugh... the curse of the round face and greasy hair.  Thanks Voegele genes.  Thanks.

I am loving... That Olivia still takes two naps a day.  I thought for a second that she was giving up the morning one, but not so much.  I am going to ride this train for as long as possible!

I am not loving... the noise outside our apartment.  We live on a pretty busy street and the traffic is non-stop.  I keep telling myself that it's just for a year.

I am loving... That I have the opportunity to work at a 31 booth at the Texas State Fair--for free.  3 MILLION people are expected to visit the TX State Fair. This is a HUGE opportunity for me.  I am hoping and believing it is the answer to prayer we have been waiting for.

I am not loving... the lack of fall.  I love Texas.  I do!  I just don't love it come September and October when the leaves should be changing and I should be breaking out the sweaters and sipping apple cider and instead it's 95 degrees out.

I am loving... that Olivia is walking, and doing pretty well with it too.  So many people say "Oh, I'm not ready for him/her to be walking" when it comes to their little guys.  Why not?!  It doesn't make any more work for me.  Actually, I find it makes things easier. (She's been walking for a few months now.  I just thought of this the other day though....how happy I am that we are in this stage.)

I am not loving... ignorance.

I am loving... my husband! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment