Friday, July 22, 2011

Tummy Time

We finally did our first official tummy time this week.  Technically she's had lots of "tummy time" on our chests.  She has had good neck strength and head movement from the beginning.  Because of this, I haven't been in too big of a rush to lay her down and try it.  One--because I always hear that babies hate it and scream their heads off.  That scared me. :)  Two--because she's hardly ever awake and you have to do it while they are awake.  She has finally started being awake for good stretches of time during the day, so I figured we better get on it.

She did great.  She actually really enjoyed it.  I guess that shouldn't surprise me since she loves being on her stomach.  She turned her head from side to side multiple times.

Michael was video taping it and I was paying close attention to make sure she could breath.  I finally decided to get a few pictures, and don't you know... that's when she started to get fussy.  She lasted a good 10 minutes before that though, so I was pretty pleased.

Mid turn





She found her hand to suck on.

MAD!  "Mom, put the camera down and pick me up!"
Note, she wasn't that close to the edge of the ottoman when she started.  Her legs and feet were going the whole time (even when she was happy).  She scooted herself closer to the edge.

OK, content again!

1 comment:

  1. awww sweet baby girl! I know I hated doing tummy time too because both kids hated it! I feel ya there :)

    ReplyDelete