Monday, September 21, 2009

A little pampering

I had the day off today and decided to do a little pampering. I've had a gift card for a salon and spa since Christmas. I had wanted to get a foot massage. Only, after I got the gift card I couldn't commit to what service I wanted. Then I said I'd just wait and get my feet done closer to summer. Summer has come and gone and I was still holding on to the gift card. Do you do that? Do you hoard gift cards for the "just in case"? I figured I needed to go ahead and use it so that I could get another gift card this year for Christmas! :)

I went with a "grand pedicure" because it included the pedicure, polish AND massage. Plus, it lasted a whole glorious hour.

I sat down and began soaking my feet. My technician, Emerson, asked if I was going on vacation. I told her no, and then she asked me what had brought me in for the grand pedicure today. The conversation went a little something like this:

Me: "I had a gift card and decided it was time to use it".
Emerson: "That's nice. Who gave it to you?"
Me: "My mother-in-law"
Emerson: "OH! You are married?!? You don't look old enough to be married."
Me: "Yep. I'm married. I'm going to be 30 in 3 months."
Emerson: **jaw literally drops and she just stares**

Alright... I get thinking I look like I'm 23, 24, or 25. But not old enough to be married? Really?

1 comment: