Monday, April 4, 2016

April Goals

Apparently I need to make it a goal to have my monthly goals post up before the 4th of the month. ;)  It's not that I wasn't thinking about it.  I just didn't have time to sit down and write it out.


1. water- I did pretty good with this!  Of course, I already confessed that I didn't do it the first week.  But other than that, I stuck with it for most of the month.

2. crafts-If you read my blog, then you know that we knocked this one out of the park.  We did the shaving cream art turned sensory time, painted the stepping stones, did the window cross art, made the Easter banner, dyed eggs, and painted on a canvas.

3. dentist appointments- I failed at this.  Partly because I put it off until the very last day of the month, and then when I called insurance to make sure the dentists I chose were covered, they said it wasn't covered on that insurance. We do have dental insurance.  There was just some confusion on which card/plan it is under.  So... yeah.

4. gym class- I did this! We went the first Sunday of the month, and I talked Michael into doing a Tabata class with me.  Y'all.  I could not walk normal or sit down with ease until Friday.  And that is not an exaggeration.  I had intentions of trying out some other classes, but I haven't yet.  Michael has been going though, and taking the kids some of the time.

5. cleaning schedule- Fail!  Not that I didn't clean my house all month.  I did.  I just cannot seem to keep with my schedule.  I guess it's not that big of a deal.  As long as it gets done.  My goal with a schedule was to simplify my life, but I think the schedule was just adding unnecessary stress.  So I'm just going to keep on doing my Monday laundry days, and grocery shopping on pay day, and the rest will get done when it gets done.

(source)

1. Clean out my car! Yikes!  It gets messy with the kids.  I was going to wait until May so that it was ready for our trip, but it couldn't wait.  And actually, my sweet husband has already knocked this one off of my list. Logan needed a new car seat, so Michael spent Saturday morning cleaning out my car--vacuuming and wiping it down included. Then he installed the new car seat.  Win!

2. Take vitamins regularly. I'm pretty good about giving the kids their vitamins, probiotics, and elderberry when needed.  But I don't take them myself.  Partly because I have to take my thyroid medication first thing in the morning, and you can't mix it with iron or calcium.  Then I forget later in the day.  But I need to start taking them.  Of course, it's the 4th and I haven't taken one yet....

3. Clean up the back yard.  There were toys left out, things that needed scrubbed off, etc.  This is another one that actually already got taken care of.  We went to Saturday night church, so we spent time outside on Sunday morning cleaning and organizing.  We still need some patio chairs for the table that we got on clearance at the end of last year's summer season.  But it's coming together.  The kids played and we cleaned and it looks a million times better.

4. Spring clean.  I've gone through all of the clothes in the house, and I've gotten rid of some of the obvious baby toys or baby items.  But I want to go through each room one at a time and clean, organize, declutter, and finish up any tasks that have been ignored or left for "later".

5. Get up early.  I have felt convicted for a little while now that I really need to be getting up earlier than my kids and have some quiet time.  It keeps popping up, and I figured I better get this figured out before we add homeschooling into the mix.  I'll be honest.  This is going to be hard for me.  I don't do well on little sleep, and I'm already not getting enough.  But I'm hoping that the good will outweigh the bad here.  Starting tomorrow.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment