Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Life Lately--Halloween Edition

Olivia is really into the holidays.  Any holiday.  She's always looking forward to the next one.  And when there isn't one, she makes up birthdays for her dolls, or parties for this and that.  She just loves a good celebration. (I may have created a monster ;) )  She also thinks these holidays should be done up big!  Fun for her is walking into a store (any store) and roaming the aisles of (fill in the holiday) decorations.  She's a girl after my own heart, for sure.

So our current obsession is Halloween.  She has been talking about it for weeks now.  So much so, that both Michael and I thought it was much closer than it was and then one day we were like "it's still 7 weeks from now!"  Ha ha!

I pulled out my tote of fall decorations, but to be honest it is pretty minimal.  I have a few pumpkins and scarecrows, but that is about it.  So I've been trying to add a little here and there.
One of the things I did, was bought these glittery foam things from the dollar spot at Target.  I figured Olivia could decorate her room with them since she is so into it right now. This is her way of decorating.  Putting them in a straight line across her closet doors. LOL!!!  If that doesn't just scream Olivia, I don't know what does.  My sweet linear thinker...

She also painted a pumpkin sun catcher, and we bought her this little dollar pumpkin that has a battery operated light in it.  She thought she was big stuff having her room "decorated".

I bought these wooden spiders from Hobby Lobby and the kids painted them.  Olivia is very specific about her decorations.  She kept saying we needed ghosts (see door above) and spiders.  These are more heavy duty than if we had done a paper craft, so I plan on keeping them and using them as decoration year after year.

Hanging in our hallway

We have already checked out the Halloween stuff at Hobby Lobby, Walmart, and Target, but it never gets old for this one!  We had plans for Saturday, but Michael woke up with a back issue.  It finally got better later in the day, so our plan B was dinner out using a gift card and walking the aisles of Toys R Us and Target.  Olivia loves Target!

I had just recently picked up this shirt for Olivia too.  I know it's hard to read, but it says BOO! in gold glitter.  You cannot even begin to imagine her love for it.  It is definitely the little things with this one!


Olivia's shirt was cute, cheap, and from Target (discount!). But they didn't have any boys ones I liked.  So while I was at Toys R Us, I went to look at their shirts.  (Twice the price as Olivia's--no thanks!).  I didn't end up with a shirt, but these glow in the dark pajamas were on sale for 40% off.  Both kids love them.  We came home and they couldn't wait to get them on. Then they had a glow in the dark dance party in our room in front of the mirror.  Olivia has talked about them non stop since Saturday.  They've already been washed and are back in the rotation.

Let the Halloween festivities begin!

And if you need some cheap decorations, check out the dollar spot at Target!



All of my other pumpkins and scarecrows have been rearranged about a dozen times in the past week, so I'm starting to get nervous about Christmas!  It's for the kids anyway, though, right? ;)

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment