Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Back To School

Olivia has been asking us to find her a preschool for months now.  I tried explaining that we had to wait for summer to be over. Over the summer we started collecting things like a Wonder Woman lunchbox (per her request), and some close toed shoes (since she mostly wears sandals), a mermaid nap mat, and some lunch box containers and ice packs.  With each new item her enthusiasm would grow.  For the last week it has been nearly bubbling over since she knew the time was finally here.

We started a new tradition this year... an ice cream dinner the night before school starts.  This is one of those things that I picked up along the way and just stored until the right moment.  A family at my old school use to do this and I thought it would be fun.  Plus, I still remember the one time in third grade where we got ice cream for dinner.  I knew this would be a great memory!

Olivia has had ice cream at home all of two times--and one was just a few months ago on her 4th birthday.  Neither time involved toppings.  Her ice cream experiences can be summed up by turning in her Chick-fil-a kids meal toy for a small cup.  She was over the moon that she got to put toppings on her ice cream.

She isn't one that sugar makes her crazy, so I wasn't worried about her sleeping or bouncing off the walls.  We may have to reevaluate this tradition later if Logan is that way.  He got his very own almond milk ice cream! (His pint cost almost as much as the 4 1/2 gallon tub I bought for us! Yikes!)

After that special treat it was time for a bath.  When baths were done, I painted Olivia's nails while Michael read some back to school books.  We have tons of those floating around from my teaching days!

Logan pretty much threw a fit that his toes weren't getting painted... so they may or may not be blue. ;)

source
Then as part of our bedtime routine, we read this new book.
It was early to bed around here for everyone!

Breakfast was an owl for the owl room!

Sort of a long story, but Michael couldn't join us at drop off today.  So she took a quick picture with him before he left for work.  She is a daddy's girl through and through!


If I try to take a picture of Olivia, Logan runs over and tries to join in.  Then he says, "cheeeese". :)

I just love these sweet babies of mine!

It's finally here!

We have two backpacks from last year, so no new one this time!  She chose to use her Strawberry Shortcake one.  It was so full with her lunch, snack, homework, and change of clothes that she almost fell over! :)

Love her!

Carrying in her nap mat and teacher gifts!

She was suppose to stop outside the door and put her snack in the snack bucket and her lunch in the lunch bucket.  But she could hardly be bothered with this.  Meanwhile, Logan started crying for fear that I was going to leave him.  She rushed into the room, turned around and said, "Bye Mom!  Have a good day!".  The teacher said, "Don't you want to give her a hug or a kiss goodbye?" She gave me a quick hug and was off to play!  She's going to have a fantastic year.  I just know it!

And Logan gets his mommy all to himself for 10 hours a week.  I think everyone wins! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. She looks so cute & I love your back to school ice cream dinner tradition - I may have to steal that idea :) I am jealous she started already because my girls don't start until next week.

    ReplyDelete