Sunday, August 30, 2015

Buckle Up... Life is about to get crazy!

It's here!  The season I've been waiting for since we moved back 6 months ago!  We are setting roots, joining in, making friends, and getting involved!  To say I am thrilled is an understatement!

Last Wednesday the kids and I attended my MOPS group leaders retreat.  In usual fashion, I was excited to be there, Olivia had a blast and didn't want to leave, and Logan was not happy with me about leaving him for a few hours. :)
How cute is this!?

Our group is made up of 160 women.  We have 10 people at a table.  (1 table leader, 1 mentor mom, and 1 steering committee team member are included at each table.)  So there are 16 of us table leaders.  We were greeted with a fun little binder, notebook, pen, and baggie with a necklace.  We also got our shirts!

We played a fun icebreaker, went over some logistics, talked through some things, got our table assignments and then made this fun craft.
It matches the MOPS theme/colors/graphics for the year.

After that we got to enjoy a catered lunch and chat with others.  I am SO excited about being back at this MOPS group and to be part of the leadership team is an added bonus!

Then on Thursday night we had meet the teacher night at preschool.
Olivia is in the owl room.  She will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 2.

We walked in the door and right there was a sensory bin and she just dug right in.
(She's wearing the same outfit that she wore to her first day of school last year!)

They had a cash register/market area.  She is really into cash registers right now, so she was thrilled with this.

They had all sorts of little areas set up for the kids.  They had play doh at one table, a table to color and draw a self portrait, and a table covered with chalkboard paper. Logan helped himself.

Olivia checked out the Science center too.

She got this as homework.

And she got a few treasures to take home.

How cute!

She didn't want to leave.  Her classroom is so fun and exciting.  I would want to stay too if I were her!  One of the teachers was at a family funeral, so we only got to meet the one.  But I'm confident it is going to be a great year!  I am so excited for her!

I headed straight from that to a MOPS leadership Meet and Greet.  It was for all of the Steering Committee, Mentor Moms and Table Leaders.  It was a really casual get together.  We ate, talked, laughed, and did a little table building activity at the end.  Both my mentor mom and my steering member were out of town, so I was the only one representing the rose table.  But I got to meet some new people, and that is always fun.
The only picture I took was of our adorable name tags that we will be using for meetings.  The steering committee will have pink ribbon, the mentor moms have orange, table leaders have yellow, and the regular members have a turquoise blue.  I love all of the fun little details that my group does.

 Life Groups are starting back up at out church, and there is a mom's group that meets for play dates.

Our calendars are filling up quickly, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment