Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Week In the Life--Saturday and Sunday

We had a whirlwind of a weekend.  That is not usually the case.  There are a lot of times that we don't even leave the house, but we were on the go this weekend.

It started out slow on Saturday morning
Riding

Flying

and stringing.

We had a birthday party that we needed to attend, so we started getting ready.
Michael had to run to work (long story), so that spun things into a whirlwind of crazy.

When he got back we ate lunch on the run and made the 50 minute trek to attend our "Ohio friends" birthday party.  It was at a splash park.

It was pretty cold on Saturday.  The high was only 70.  I packed Olivia a suit just in case it ended up feeling hotter than I was expecting (that happens to me a lot her in TX), but I was fully intending on skipping the water fun.  However, when we got to the party Olivia really wanted to get in and Michael really wanted her to get in.  So I gave in and changed her clothes.

We got there a little late, which is why it doesn't look like many kids are in the water.  A lot of them were already trying to warm up.  Olivia kept saying it was "cold water", but then she'd run right back in.  Our friend John kept saying she was "so brave" and "fearless".  That isn't her norm.  She's usually pretty cautious.

She lasted about 10 minutes.  She had fun, but then it was time to have cake and dry off.

We let her have a few bites of our cake AND let her enjoy her first ever Capri Sun.  Watch out! :)

There was a pond at the park and she liked going down and looking at the ducks.

 After the party we headed over to our friends house and visited for a few hours.  Since it's sort of a long drive we like to make it worth it.

The party was right in the middle of nap time, so it was Olivia's first time trying to skip a nap.  She did great, but as soon as we got in the car to head home, she was out.  Unfortunately for her, mommy and boppa were starving, so we stopped for dinner after about 20 minutes of driving.  She was super crabby at first, but then did fine.

We just played with her when we got home.

After she went to bed, I worked on some Thirty-One stuff and Michael watched a movie.  I know it seems like I do a lot of 31 stuff.  I actually don't.  There are some weeks where I do absolutely nothing.  But I have 3 to 4 virtual parties coming up on Facebook.  I've never done one of those before, so I had to do all the prep work--writing the script, finding the pictures, setting up the events.  Hopefully it will all pay off! :)

I don't have any pictures from Sunday.
We went to church in the morning.
We spent all of nap time making videos for my virtual parties.
We played with Olivia in the afternoon.
We headed out for some cheap dinner and drove around looking at different areas to see if we'd like to live there.  We have a few months left before our lease is up and we are trying to figure out what our next option is.
Our evening was much of the same.  We both went to bed exhausted.  Needless to say, Olivia and I are having a lazy day today!  We may still be in our pajamas....   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment