Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Week In The Life--Wednesday

WOW!  We had sort of a crazy day today. At least I feel like it was a little crazy.  It's probably not going to come across too crazy in this blog though.  Needless to say, I am tired!  The fact that this blog is even happening is a miracle! :)

Our morning started out as usual.  We had MOPS to get to, so we quickly got ready and Olivia ate breakfast.  I feel like no matter how much time I allot myself in the morning, it is never enough.  Hats off to all of you Mamas who have to pack up your kids every morning and get to work.  I think I'd always be late.  Either that or getting up at 4 AM to get started. :)

I paused in the middle of getting ready to see what Olivia was up to.
She was just rocking her babies. I love that she can entertain herself. :)

We headed to MOPS (and arrived on time!) and enjoyed our morning.  It was our last one of the season. :(  But there are already lots of summer activities planned, which is good!  I have been blessed to sit at a table with some pretty great women.  

As soon as we got home it was time for lunch and then nap.

My entire nap time was filled with doing different 31 things.  It wasn't meant to be like that, but one thing after another just kept popping up.  I am working hard to meet my goal by May 23rd!!

Olivia's nap was on the shorter side today.
She now wakes up and immediately asks for "orange juice and a snack!".
She has decided that our ottoman (that is pushed in front of the TV to keep her away) is her little table.  She always takes her snack there and then starts eating.

Next she played with her peek-a-boo blocks while I did a few more things online.

The camera was sitting on the arm of the chair.  She came over and grabbed it and pretended to take a picture of herself.  She said, "Take picture with your camera"... so that's what I did.  Cutie!

Since I was sitting in my chair on the computer, she thought it was time for ABCMouse.
So I obliged.

After that we read books, played with her Little People, sang some songs, rocked some babies and explored with some finger puppets.

I started picking some things up and trying to organize my kitchen counter and she asked for Word World.
This is what she does... she goes and gets the remotes out.
Since she hadn't watched any TV yet this week, and it was about time for me to start dinner, I went ahead and put it on.  ((It's seeming like she always gets her way in this post, but that really isn't the case.  I do say no sometimes.  I promise!))

She ran over, climbed up on the chair and waited patiently for the x-box to load.

She watched Word World while I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.  I feel like that's all I do most days.  Prepare food.  Serve food.  Clean up after meal.  Repeat.  Thankfully, my dear husband called and asked if I had started dinner yet and if I wanted to go out to eat.  Folks, this is my love language! :)  I don't even care where we eat.  I don't have to cook and clean up? Yes, please.  As I've mentioned, we have been pinching pennies lately so we rarely go out to eat.  This was a treat!

We met for dinner and caught each other up on our day.  
Olivia does great at restaurants, so that's always nice.

When we got home, Olivia ran around outside for about 10 minutes.
There is a bunny that is always around our front door. This is her asking where the bunny went.

When we got inside, Olivia requested that Michael read her some books.
They also played with her stuffed animals and toy food.
I messed around online and tried to catch up on all of the things I missed during the day.

We did Olivia's bedtime routine.
Michael did some work and I did some 31 training. Then one of my recruits wanted to talk to me about some 31 questions she had, so I spent a half hour talking to her.  It has just been a 31 kind of day!  Like with most things, when it rains it pours I guess.

Now it's time for bed.
Are you bored with my week so far?  I suddenly feel really weird sharing my boring life, but now I'm committed....

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of ABC Mouse until I read about it on your blog, but I actually saw a commercial for it on tv this morning! I guess we will have to try it out with Sadie some time.

    ReplyDelete