Wednesday, April 25, 2012

10 Month Loves

Man, these lists are getting harder and harder.  Now I know why the other bloggers quit before they reached a year! :)

Floppy Shopping Cart Cover
Originally I wasn't going to get a cart cover.  I read they weren't any cleaner than just wiping down the cart.  I heard they were a pain.  I figured it was just another thing that I didn't need.  That was until Olivia moved out of her car seat carrier and couldn't sit up that well.  I researched and asked friends and had a lot of people say that they liked the Floppy brand.  It's (just a tad) bit more expensive than some of the other ones, but it's big so it fits bigger carts.  It also has more cushion than others, and since I was needing to use it when Olivia was all wobbly this was helpful.  Plus, it folds into itself and carries like a bag.  It can be used for shopping carts or restaurant high chairs.  I got mine on sale at Babies R Us and we use it often.  I'm really glad we have it.  Even with it on Olivia tries to eat the side of the cart.  I can only imagine what it would be like without it.  I don't find it nearly as inconvenient as people said it would be.

When you ask a mom what kind of food her baby is eating at this age, 9 times out of 10 eggs, cheese, and yogurt show up on that list.  Out of the whole MSPI issue, I am most bummed about the fact that Olivia can't have yogurt.  Babies love yogurt.  Plus, the probiotics are good for kiddos.  Olivia eats fruits and vegetables like a pro.  I just feel bad that it always seems to be the same general stuff.  So when I found these imitation yogurt melts (made from rice milk), I decided to give it a try.  Not only are they a handy little snack, but they are made with super foods.  She wasn't sure about them at first, but now she loves them.  She will even choose to eat them before eating her puffs.  They are a little expensive for what they are, but sometimes I just need something quick to grab.  It's nice to have this option.  Plus, I like to give Olivia options.

I told you in our two month must have list that we liked the diaper champ.  It was true.  It was working out well for us.  It contained the smell and all was good.  That was until Olivia started solids.  From that point on her room smelled like poop....pretty much constantly.  Even after the pail was emptied.  Michael deep cleaned that thing multiple times and it didn't help.  I'm not sure what the issue was.  I used one for Little Man (although an older model) and there were never any issues.  That is one of the reasons I chose it.  That and the fact that it didn't need special bags.  Well, ten months later we were just done with the thing.  Michael hated it for months now and after this last take apart and clean it didn't go back together quite right.

I knew I didn't want a diaper genie or the arm and hammer one.  So after researching, I decided on...
We love it.  It does have it's own little bagging system, but you can use regular garbage bags too.  It has a step thing at the bottom that opens the lid.  Then there is a little shoot where you put the diaper in.  Both Michael and I have said to each other multiple times who happy we are.  It's sooo much nicer and easier than what we were dealing with.  I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from KK SUYL- we lived in Frisco a few yers ago, but moved to Southlake to be closer to work. I miss how family friendly Frisco is. It's nice to meet you and you have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete