Monday, April 9, 2012

Project 366: Week 14

Instead of doing a collage, I am going to recap the week.  I didn't take a ton of pictures.  I was busy playing hostess. :)  My mom, her husband Ken, and my grandma flew in on Saturday evening.  We had a great week!

Olivia was already in bed when they got here Saturday night, so she was in for a surprise when she woke up on Sunday morning.  She warmed right up to them though. She went to my grandma almost immediately while I was getting breakfast ready.

They also played on the floor while everyone was getting ready for church.
Both my mom and my grandma love to watch Jack Graham on TV.  Instead of going to our church (which I didn't think my grandma or Ken would like), we went to Prestonwood Baptist so they could see him in person.  The church is right down the road from our church and is H-U-G-E!  Everyone liked the sermon though.  Afterwards we went to Babe's Chicken.  It got rave reviews!

We spent the afternoon playing with Olivia and watching some movies.

On Monday we went to the Dallas World Aquarium.
Everyone enjoyed it.
Olivia loved the big tanks.
(A little blurry--we learned that my mom is not the best photographer!)

(Yep, she cut off our heads!)


In the afternoon we got pictures with the Easter bunny and took blue bonnet pictures.

On Tuesday we went to The Little Gym as usual.  My grandma and Ken sat out and watched from the waiting area.  My mom joined us in the class.  She took tons of pictures, but I don't have any. :(

From there we headed downtown to the Sixth Floor Museum where JFK was shot.  This is right around the time the tornadoes were happening in Dallas.  We weren't sure if we were going to be able to get in.  We were driving down the freeway, which wasn't the safest of places, but were weren't near any of the touchdowns.

She was smiling for her grandma while taking a bath.
On Wednesday we laid low.  Olivia was LOVING the attention and the three grandparents were enjoying giving it to her.  We played most of the morning.  Oh, I forgot to mention that my grandma got her to take some assisted steps on Sunday.  She also decided to start crawling on Wednesday.  She doesn't go super fast yet.  She usually just takes two or three crawls at a time and then stops, but she's going forward regardless!

We ran some errands in the afternoon.  Of course, Olivia got spoiled!
Stopping for a pose at Target.

On Thursday we visited Southfork Ranch--you know, where the TV show Dallas was filmed.  Both my mom and grandma watched the show, so they found the tour to be interesting.  Did you know there is a new Dallas show coming out soon?  Parts of it were also filmed here.  Too bad we don't have TV...

Speaking of... we weren't sure my grandma was going to survive without her Fox News, but no one seemed to mind that we were TV-less.  They all had books to read during nap time and Olivia kept them occupied all the other times we weren't touring the city.

This isn't the clearest picture because it's a snapshot of a video.  
It sums up the week pretty well though.
Anytime Olivia would do something, she'd look from one person to the next to the next to make sure they were watching her.  She was eating up all the attention!  She's such a ham!

Friday we hit Ft. Worth.  
We watched the cattle drive down the street.
Olivia was in serious need of a nap!
Then we went shopping, had dinner, and went to the rodeo!

Our guests left Saturday morning and we had a pretty low key day.

Overall it was a great week.  Olivia really enjoyed having her grandparents here and they enjoyed the time with her.  We had a good mix of play, sightseeing, relaxation, food, and fun.

Now we count down until my sister comes!!! :)

1 comment: