Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuxedo Brownie Squares

I've been out of blogging for so long that I almost forgot to document this!!  Scary! :)  We had to take a dessert to our life group.  This is a Pampered Chef recipe that I've made in the past.  It's sooo yummy, so I decided to go for it.  This recipe comes out of the Stoneware Sensations cookbook.

What you'll need:
1 package of brownie mix
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
3 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
chocolate curls, optional

1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Lightly spray 9 x 13 pan and prepare brownies according to the package directions.
3. Cool completely
4. Spread jam onto brownies.  Note-I had a hard time finding the jam this time.  I ended up having to buy some fancy brand. :/
5. Reserve some raspberries for garnish (I didn't do this).  Arrange remaining raspberries evenly over jam.
For whatever reason, my store only had GIANT raspberries.  I actually cut them in half.
6. In micro-cooker, microwave chocolate on HIGH 1 minute, stir.  Microwave an additional 30 seconds until chocolate is completely melted when stirred.  Cool slightly.
7. Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix well.
8. Gradually whisk in melted chocolate and milk.
9. Fold in whipped topping; spread carefully over raspberries.
10. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
Garnish with the reserved raspberries and chocolate curls, if desired.
Store, covered, in the refrigerator.

I didn't get a picture of a cut piece since it was devoured at life group.  However, I did get a side view while it was still in the pan.

It was a HUGE hit.  Everyone raved about it, and a handful of people had multiple pieces.
Michael, on the other hand, is not a fan.  Mostly because he doesn't like raspberries.  You may want to keep that in mind.  I knew it was risky to take for that very reason.  Raspberries aren't as well loved as other fruit.  It ended up being a win though. (Thank goodness)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!! I think I'll make this for a dessert engagement Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Steph Sherman :)

    ReplyDelete