Saturday, September 10, 2011

I confess...

I confess...
I use to bad-mouth people who blamed their lateness on their kid.  I use to always say you can have a child and still be on time.  I still DO believe this, but we've been known to be late a time or two since Olivia's arrival.

I confess...
I place my hand on her chest in the middle of the night just to make sure she's still breathing.

I confess...
I am happy that we switched to formula.  I felt guilty at first, but I have heard from many friends and family (who had similar issues) who say they wished they would have made the switch sooner.  I've also talked to a handful of people who tried to be diary/soy free and still breastfeed and they said it still didn't work.  We now have a generally happy baby girl with normal pukes and poops.  I believe in my decision now.

I confess...
I've already been thinking about Olivia's first birthday party.  It's sick, isn't it? :)

I confess...
Olivia's Halloween outfit has already been purchased.  Hopefully it will fit her. 

I confess...
I take great satisfaction in getting those pesky little boogies out of Olivia's nose. :)
  
I confess...
I actually threw out an entire outfit after a blowout, because the thought of cleaning it was just too much.

I confess...
Some of the braincells I lost during pregnancy (aka "pregnancy brain") have yet to return.  Hence, giving my phone a Dr. Pepper bath.  I'm not feeling confident that these lost braincells will be found anytime soon. :(
  
I confess...
We now have a FOURTH bouncer!  I didn't buy it though.  Our (Ohio) friends gave it to us to borrow.  The clearance one we bought to keep at our house isn't that great.  The one our friends gave us is the Fisher Price rainforest one and Olivia LOVES it.

I confess...
I still have thank you cards to write.  All the ones from before Olivia's arrival have been written and sent.  However, anything we got after her arrival has not been taken care of yet.  I know I need to get on it, I just haven't.

I confess...
I gained 31 pounds with my pregnancy and had lost about 25 of it within two weeks of delivery.  Since then I have stalled and those six or seven pounds are causing NONE of my pre-pregnancy clothes to fit. (I know my body changed too, and it's not just because of six pounds.)  I would love to lose this weight and all the other weight I have been carrying around.... but I've done absolutely nothing about it.

I confess...
I love being a mom, but these past 11 weeks have been a lot harder than I was expecting.  Oddly, not in the ways one would think.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this :)...it seems freeing! I shared/share many of your confessions! I LOVE the new look for your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look of the blog! I confess to do many of those/feeling those things too (I've thrown out a handful of clothes!) I honestly don't think those brain cells ever return! I love the poem you had above too...it is very fitting for a mom, sometimes the housework doesn't always get done and that's ok! love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete