Friday, August 16, 2013

Photos and Funnies

It's been awhile since I've done a photo dump.  Mostly because it's annoying to get photos off of my phone and onto the computer, but I'll manage. :)  I thought this time I'd throw in some funny or cute things Olivia has been saying lately.


Riding the carousel at the mall.  Don't worry--Michael is standing right next to her!

She was taking a bath and her toy giraffe fell in the water and got bubbles all over it.  She said, "Giraffe, I'm sorry you made that bad choice."  It totally cracked me up.  Can you tell we've already been talking about good choices verses bad choices and the consequences that follow?! :)

Actually sitting criss cross--with 2 bows in and her "Princess Presto" wand
We have have been trying (with little success) to get Olivia to sit "criss cross", so when she wants us to sit on the floor and play with her she says "Do you want to sit criss cross?" and if we say "Ok" she says, "Ok, I'll help you."  And then tries to help us get up out of our chair.

 She gets a little dramatic sometimes.  I'm not exactly sure where she gets it from. ;)  She likes to get all huffy and act out if she is not getting her way.  One day she just threw herself on the floor and said, "Mommy, I'm just throwing a fit!!"  Apparently she thought I needed an explanation.

Listening to the directions and playing sticks at TLG
 She is really into saying "I did it all by myself." lately.  A few weeks ago we were doing a new skill at The Little Gym.  Miss Christi was helping make sure her arms were straight on the bars, and then I literally lifted her feet up to help her.  She held the position (with help) for the ten seconds so Miss Christi cheered.  When she got down she said, "I did it all by myself".  Miss Christi and I just looked at each other and busted out laughing.  Yes.  All by yourself with two people helping!

Another TLG story--her class is for ages 19 months to 2 1/2.  Each class starts with introductions.  Some kids just cannot say their name and others just don't want to.  Olivia went through a shy stage, but usually she says "Olivia" when asked. Today when Miss Christi asked her name she replied with "My name is Olivia".  Since half the class aren't even talking yet, she got all sorts of "awwwww"s from the moms.  That made her clap and laugh and do a little dance of joy.  She may not be able to hang or jump, but she's got her words! :)

 The cashier at Target gave Olivia a zebra sticker.  I said "What do you say?" hoping to prompt a 'thank you'.  She turned to the cashier and said, "Zebra starts with a z".  I think the cashier was impressed enough that she didn't mind the missed 'thank you'.

Taking a phone call in the middle of "breakfast"
Olivia has been into imaginative play lately.  She'll talk to her dolls and stuffed animals and make up stories.  She also likes to cook in her kitchen.  She'll set her tea set out on her table and then say, "C'mon Mommy (or Boppa, depending on who is available), it's time for breakfast!"  It doesn't matter what time of day it is either.  She knows how to say lunch and dinner, but apparently she only makes breakfast. Then we have to go and sit at her table and "eat".

 Sometimes on the weekends we just grab Olivia, her cup of milk and bring her into bed with us for a bit.  She likes to read books or sing songs.  Last weekend she stared off into space as she does sometimes and Michael asked her what she was thinking.  Without skipping a beat she said, "Well, I'm thinking about orange juice and water and smoothies."

Yes she is wearing her pajamas with a necklace, shoes and bow.  Yes she did line all of her animals up like that.
We met our MOPS play group at the mall for a play date. After twenty minutes of being there, Olivia came over and said, "Ok. I'm all done. Let's go.  Where's the stroller?"  I just had to laugh.  I kept talking to my friends and a few minutes later she said, "It's too busy for me."  I told Michael she IS his daughter! :)   And what two year old asks to leave the play place at the mall?!  Ay yi yi.  I guess she was just overwhelmed.

Mommy packing. Olivia reading.
Me: Olivia, did you poop?
O: No
Me: I think you did.  I smell poopy.
O: Well I smell pretty flowers.

Blinged out with prizes from mommy's old teaching treasure chest.  Also, she thinks carrying that name sign makes her a princess?!?
If Olivia isn't nice to her toys/stuffed animals/doll, Michael will say, "Awww, poor (bear)."  Olivia has picked that up and will say, "Aww, poor (toy)" when she knows she's being a stinker.  The other day she banged her head, turned and did a little fake "I'm hurt" cry and said, "Aww, poor squiggle bug!"  Michael and I both got a good laugh.


We ran an errand after TLG today.  When got to the cash register, Olivia greeted the cashier with a joyful "Hi!"  Then she told her we were going to go get a treat next.  When the lady handed me my bag and said thank you, I said "Thank you" and Olivia said, "Thank you to you too" and as we were walking away she yelled back "Bye! Have a good day!"  Of course she got all sorts of more "awww"s and "she's adorable!".

No comments:

Post a Comment