Tuesday, August 13, 2013

14 weeks, Baby #2


For those of you who have been around awhile... my weekly pregnancy check ins are back!  The thought did cross my mind that maybe no one will care. :) Buuuut, I really like being able to look back and know what happened every single week through my pregnancy and beyond.  Also, I'm all about every child being celebrated and loved.  So since I did this for Olivia I feel it's only right that I do it for Baby #2 as well.  I started doing the weekly check in with O at 14 weeks, so here I am.  My new "week" starts on Tuesdays, so I am officially 14 weeks today.
Definitely already sporting a bump

And just for fun....
 I'm not going to do a comparison shot every time, but this certainly won't be the last. :)
 I wrote with Olivia that I felt like I had a bump and Michael could tell, but everyone else probably just thought I was fat.  My bump took forever to show up with her.  Second time mom and apparently my body has it all figured out! 
How Far Along: 14 weeks



Size of baby: Baby is the size of a lemon

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +5


Maternity Clothes: It's a mix.  My regular shirts still fit fine, but bottoms are more problematic.  I can get away with some of my regular dresses and skirts, but have definitely thrown a few maternity pieces in the mix.  I have gotten WAY bigger WAY faster this time!
Gender: ???  We don't know yet.  I'm scared to make a guess since last time I was so sure it was a boy.  We all know how that turned out. :)

Movement: I actually have felt a little tickle here and there.  With Olivia I felt it at 16 weeks exactly.  The doctor said that was pretty early for a first time mom, but when I explained how it felt (like a caterpillar crawling up the inside of my stomach) she said, "Oh, yep. You felt it!".  I have felt the same exact thing this time.  Probably about 3 times now and it is always at night when I lay down to go to sleep.

Sleep: My sleep is alright.  I've already busted out my snoogle (pregnancy pillow) to help my hips out.  I have to get up to pee a lot in the middle of the night, but that is to be expected.

What I miss: I'm not sure I miss anything yet.  I am one of those that tends to lean towards the side of caution when it comes to following the foods you should and shouldn't eat.  Even though my doctor says some of it is OK.  I just think that if there is even the slightest chance something could happen, then why risk it?  It's only 9 months.  So I have wanted a hot dog or some lunch meat a few times, but I am trying to avoid them.
Cravings: Hmm.  Just like with Olivia, I wouldn't call what I have as a true "craving".  But I have been in the mood for good barbeque on multiple occasions since getting pregnant.

Food aversions: None

Symptoms: I was nauseous this time around.  It wasn't really morning sickness.  It was more like afternoon/evening sickness.  It wasn't terrible.  I wasn't taking medication for it or anything, but it was annoying.  I've also been super tired.  That seems to be getting a little better.  My face has also broken out (again!).
Surprises: Not much yet

Best moment this week:  Honestly I haven't been too focused on the baby, so I guess my best moment was being able to sell stuff that we are wanting to sell/get rid of.  It's one more thing I can check off my list.

Fun purchases: We haven't bought a single thing for the baby.  I'm not a fan of gender neutral stuff, and we have so much from Olivia.  I'm just waiting to find out the sex and then we'll go from there.

Milestones: I made it through the first trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment