Friday, August 9, 2013

Five for Friday

ONE
(source)
We are trying to figure out what we want to keep and what we want to sell.  It is expensive to move, so we  are really trying to decide what is necessary and worth keeping.  I already mentioned that we sold a bunch of stuff last weekend at our garage sale.  Yesterday I sold our table and chairs on Facebook.  It was just a small 2 person table.  We are going to need a bigger one anyway, so that worked out well.  We have someone coming tomorrow to look at our couch/chair/ottoman.  There are also 2 people waiting in line after her if she doesn't take it.  I love Facebook for this kind of thing!  We have a couple people interested in Michael's car too.  I've been selling some of my teacher stuff as well.  Less stuff. More money.  It's a win/win!

TWO
I hate when people ask me what Michael does.  I don't feel like there is an easy answer.  Heck, I don't even understand the complexity of what he does.  Then I just look like an idiot stumbling over my words.  But even if you ask Michael what he does, he has a hard time putting it into a simple explanation and ends up talking for 5 minutes and half the time the people's eyes glaze over after the first minute or two.  So this is your warning... just don't ask! :)

THREE
(source)
We moved from Ohio to Texas when I was about 13 weeks pregnant with Olivia.  I had to find a new Dr. and started with my 16 week appointment. This time, we are moving when I will be about 16 weeks pregnant.  I've decided to see my doctor here a few days earlier than my 16 weeks.  That way I will have a few weeks to find a doctor there instead of trying to rush.  (My doctor from before I moved quit to stay home with her kids.)  I'm hoping to find a good one and have already started researching.  So one of our children will have been conceived in Ohio, but born in Texas. The other will have been conceived in Texas, but will be born in Ohio.

FOUR
Speaking of baby, we are trying to come up with a girl name.  Our boy name has been the same since about 2 years before we ever even got pregnant with Olivia.  Girl names are harder for us.  I want to be prepared this time though.  Last time we were convinced it was a boy, so we weren't set on our girl name.  Then when we found out it was a girl, Michael wanted to start calling her my name immediately and we didn't have a name.  We are trying to avoid that this time.  (Even though I think it might be a boy?!  But we all know how awful I am at guessing!)  Since we all have pretty traditional names, we are trying to think of a name that goes with the rest of the names in our family.  I think it would be a little odd to have Michael, Bethany, Olivia and then have a Paisley or Haven.  You know?  The search continues.  There are a few we both like.  I'm just having a hard time committing.

FIVE
 Is anyone else confused about how Facebook has turned into Pinterest?  Every time I sign on there is a new recipe waiting for me to look at.  At first I thought it was just because I have a lot of "older" women in my friends list.  Nope.  The young ones are doing it too.  I thought that's what Pinterest was for.  I'm so confused.



1 comment:

  1. What I want that couch, I love it! I'd even 'store' it for you until you got a place of your own?????

    ReplyDelete