Thursday, March 29, 2012

I confess

I confess...
I don't think some people get the "I confess" posts.  If you are confessing something, then it is usually either not a popular opinion or it is something that may be controversial.  Or maybe you are "embarrassed" about it.  It's sort of tongue in cheek.  I got all sorts of texts, emails, phone calls, and messages last time.  I was so confused.  I had to ask Michael if I was missing something.  I wasn't angry...just confessing. :)


I confess...
I am happy that I cut Olivia's hair.  Michael (and company) was right.  It looks much better now and is easier to manage.  It's already grown back a good bit in the back.  Now if we could just get the front to grow?!?


I confess...
Sometimes I go back and read and re-read my blog.  At this point it is more of a documentation of Olivia's life.  I like to look back and see what I wrote.  I love looking at the pictures.  I probably read my own blog more than others read it.  ha ha!


I confess...
After becoming a mom and experiencing all sorts of things outside of my control with my high maintenance child, I really do try not to judge other moms. (I'm pretty sure that is why God gave me said high maintenance child).  However, there are some things that I will just always give the side eye to.  If you are (repeatedly) giving your 8/9 month old french fries and chocolate and then announcing it (repeatedly) on the internet like it is something to be proud of... I judge.  I am under no illusion that my daughter will not have those things.  I just don't find it appropriate to give to a baby who is just learning about food.  I don't care how much he "really wanted them".  You are a parent!

I confess...
I still sleep with the baby monitor on.  Yes, we sleep with our doors open.  Yes, we live in a small apartment and if she did cry in the middle of the night I would surely hear her.  I just like to know I can look over and see her.  Sure, I could hit the button and look if I wanted, but it's a comfort to me.  We turned it off one night (not the sound, the picture) and I didn't like it.  It felt lonely.  Like something was missing.  She'll probably be two and I'll still have it on at night.  (Ok, let's hope not, but you know what I mean.)

I confess...
We haven't had cable, which in turn means absolutely no TV, for a few months now.   Truth be told, I don't miss it.  I'm sure one day we'll get it again, but for now I don't mind one bit.  

I confess...
We have paci problems!  Olivia really only uses it for sleep, and even then she usually spits it out within the first half hour.  Sometimes she wants it for a minute or two following her bottle, but even that is coming to an end.  The only other time she gets it is if we are in public and there is nothing else to do to avoid her making a scene (rare).  She is an addict though.  She would have it all day long if she could.  We went 6 months with the same paci.  As soon as it died I ran out and bought 6 of the new paci.  6!  We are now down to 2.  On a good day we know where those 2 are.  Most days we are still hunting.  How does that happen.  One lone paci never got lost for 6 whole months.  Now that we have had 6 we can't ever find one.  Guess who is getting new pacis in her Easter eggs?!

No comments:

Post a Comment