Friday, March 23, 2012

9 Month Loves

Another month has past! I don't have a huge list this time.  We are still using some of our favorite items from months past.  We've just added a few new toys to our list.  That's really all I could come up with.  Most of our other day to day items have either been mentioned already, or are just a given.
 
Hide N Squeak Eggs
We got this as a gift from a friend when she was born.  They've been in a toy bin since.  I broke them out this past month and they are one of her favorites.

Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Rhyme Book
To be honest, she really doesn't need any more toys.  The girl has plenty.  But I have a small addiction to going to these huge seasonal consignment sales they have around here.  Then, when I'm at the consignment sale, I can't help but peruse the toy section.  Inevitably I end up buying something. She loves flipping the "pages" of the book on her exersaucer, so I thought she'd enjoy this as well.  Of course, I enjoy that it's educational! :)  This sells for $20 in stores and about $17 on Amazon.  I got it for $4.  She LOVES it.

Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Mailbox
 
Remember how I said she didn't need any more toys?  Yeah...  So at that play date we went to (where she was a hot mess), when she wasn't crying she was playing with this thing.  We have all sorts of musical toys so I wasn't going to rush out and buy it.  However, when I saw it at a consignment sale (yes, obsessed!) I figured it was worth it.  I got it for $6 and it looks brand new.  It sells for $35 on Amazon.  I'm not sure about in stores.  Anyway, she's in love with this toy too.
`
Soft Shapes Animal
She has tons of books too.  She has many favorites.  Unfortunately, she likes to try to eat them when you read.  This book is made of foam and the little animal pieces come out.  I don't care if she eats these.  She has sat for over a half hour straight just playing with the four animal pieces that come out of this book.  I now take the pieces with me in the diaper bag sometimes.  It's great.  I got this one at Costco for like $6 when I was pregnant.  I plan on getting her the ocean one for her Easter basket.

I am still a believer in the baltic amber teething necklace.  I love it.  Besides the necklace, if we feel like she's having teething pain (and really, how do you know for sure what is wrong with a baby?) we give her some of these tablets.  I used the orajel for the 2 days around Christmas when Olivia wasn't wearing the necklace. A) she hated it and B) it didn't work.  These work for us and she enjoys taking them. They are really tiny and dissolve in her mouth quickly.  She just got her two top teeth in, which are a bit rougher than the bottom teeth.  She did pretty good, but had about an hour of clingy-ness for 2 days.  I used these and they worked great.  I also love that they are homeopathic.  You know me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment