Friday, March 30, 2012

Guess What?!

I am going to start selling Thirty-One!


I know what you are thinking... "What?" and "Like you really need to add another thing to your plate!"  I know you are thinking that because that is what I have heard about 4 or 5 times now. :)

Let me explain.
The headquarters for 31 is literally minutes from where I lived in Ohio.  I had lots of friends who sold it.  I went to the parties, loved and bought the stuff, but had no intention of ever selling it.  I distinctly remember sitting at a party thinking, "I love this stuff, but I finally have a job where I only have to work ONE job.  I don't need or want to add another one to it."  I continued buying the products.  I bought products for myself, for gifts, and even a little bag to use as a small on the go diaper bag.  It's all great quality and super cute.

Then I moved to Texas...

I was getting compliments on my bags all the time and I realized that 31 wasn't that big down here.  I remember driving down the road one day thinking, "This would be a great market to get in...IF I was even interested."  I dismissed the thought and went on my way.

Then I went to my (addicting) big consignment sales with my Large Utility Tote and I kept getting asked over and over about it.  Again, the thought popped in my head, "Instead of just saying 'Oh it's from Thirty-One' I should be saying I'll sell you one!" That was last fall.

I'll be honest, I have had a ROUGH couple of months year.
I have been asking God a lot of "why" and "how" and "when" questions.

I went to one of the spring consignment sales carrying my Large Utility Tote.
There was a Thirty-One table set up and the lady waved me over.  She asked if I was a consultant and I said no, that I had friends who sold it though.  I explained that I was from New Albany, which is the town right the Thirty-One headquarters, so I know all about Thirty-One and have many of their products.  Turns out she is from Ohio too!  And... she moved her a year ago too!  I asked why she moved here and she said it was because of Thirty-One.  She was the first ever consultant in Ohio and had pretty much saturated the market.  For personal reasons she wanted to start fresh and her family just picked up and moved to Texas.  Her husband even sold his business.  THAT is how well she does.  She was super friendly.  Since I had friends who sold she didn't try to talk me into signing up or anything.  She said, "Well, we should be friends just because you are from Ohio".  She told me that if I ever did sign up that I was welcome to come to her meetings and that she would help me however she could.

I went home and told Michael about the conversation.
The next day at lunch he said, "I think you should do it!"
We discussed it and I decided to give it a go.
If it's just a side job here and there, then great.  Extra money is always good.
However, I hope to be able to build it just like my director.
To not have to work out of my home ever again.
To set my own hours and be able to work around Olivia's schedule instead of her working around mine.

I really feel like this is God answering some of my "why", "how" and "when" questions.

So there you have it... I am one of the newest Thirty-One consultant!

{{This post has gotten really long.  Come back tomorrow to hear about how you can help!}}

1 comment: