Thursday, September 28, 2017

Things I'm Loving

Back in the day I use to share all sorts of information about fun things I've found or new things we are using.  These days I tend to just share about the kids.  But recently I have been telling everyone who will listen about a few things that are changing my life.  So I thought I'd share a few with you!

1. PODCASTS


I do realize that I'm about a decade (or more) late to this party!  Heck, Michael was listening to podcasts at work when we met over 11 years ago.  I've just never had a job where it was conducive, or even the equipment necessary.  (Random fact: I've never owned an ipod or an mp3 player!)  But about 9 months ago someone asked on a homeschool forum about homeschooling podcasts.  Then someone bravely asked how to get said podcasts on an android phone.  I still wasn't sure if it would be my thing, but I figured I'd check it out.  I was sick of all of the negativity that Facebook was throwing at me and I was looking for something to do during laundry time, or workouts, that would add value to my life instead of tear me down.  Y'all.  I am loving listening to podcasts!  As you can see, most of mine fall into a few different categories.  1) Homeschooling. Duh! ;) 2) Mom/Christian woman encouragement and 3) RVing--these are new.  We've thrown around the idea of being a full time RV/Roadschooling family, so I've started to listen to others who do the same.  

Honestly, at this point I have more podcasts that I can even listen to. But I love it, so I keep going!  They are all so different, but so good.  I was going to try to give my top 5, but I couldn't.  There are just so many good ones!


2. ORGANIC ROSE HIP OIL

Teddie Organics Rosehip Seed Essential Oil, 1 fl. oz.
Speaking of podcasts, the ladies at the Big Boo Cast recommended this Teddie Organic Rose Hip Oil.  Now I'm not usually one to look for the newest and best beauty products.  I pretty much stick with my cheap stuff that I can get at Target.  But previous them talking about this, I had started thinking how I needed to do something about my skin.  I'm getting older (gasp!), and I just wanted something that would maybe heal some of the damage, make it look a little more even, and maybe even be able to go without make up some days.  Well, this item has all 5 star reviews on Amazon, and got rave reviews from my girls Melanie and Sophie, so I decided to give it a try.  I freaking love it.  I use it in place of  moisturizer.  It has made my face look better, feel better, makes my make up go on better.  It's amazing.  I'm sold.  I made my sister try it when she was here, and I think she's sold too.


3. MASON JAR SALADS
We are trying to eat a more plant based diet.  I've always been pretty good about meal planning, grocery shopping, and cooking family dinners.  But where we struggled was lunch.  Michael just hates to take the time to pack stuff, and I hate taking the time to prepare something mid day when I'm also making my kids stuff.  So a few months ago we started making mason jar salads.  LIFE CHANGING!  I make 10 salads on Sunday.  Then we both have lunch throughout the week.  The salads stay fresh, they are quick to grab, and it's an easy way to eat the rainbow!  Bonus: my kids love helping make them!  The few people I've told about these (because I'm trying to change the world one mason jar at a time) have said that it can't be enough food.  You would be surprised.  I pack those babies tight!  When you dump it out on your plate/bowl, it fills up a full size plate and is plenty of food!  Sometimes I follow a recipe on pinterest, and sometimes I just throw whatever vegetables and beans we have into a jar.  I've made dressings following a recipe (sriracha/peanut butter/soy sauce), I've bought vegan dressing, and this week we are just using avocado oil and cracked pepper.  The choices are endless!

4. RIGHT NOW MEDIA
Image result for Rightnow media
(I don't even know if I could do this justice, so make sure to check out the website.)  I love Right Now Media.  It's a resource that churches can pay for, and then every member of the church can log into for free.  It's sort of like a Christian Netflix of sorts, but with more teaching and Bible studies and less shows/movies.  We use it for our life groups and women's Bible study.  The vidoes are all just there, and then depending on the study we can just buy the book to go with it.  But what I love. love. love. is the kids section!  There are so many good shows that teach about the Bible, or just character development.  We've cut down are TV significantly, but I'm always comfortable with letting the kids watch shows on here because I know they are learning.  Fun note: The home office for Right Now Media is literally right next door to our church!  We use their parking lot for overflow parking on Sundays!   I love that my church has found this tool valuable and that we get to benefit for free!

2 comments:

  1. I do like the oil!! Still have to order it tho. :(
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok first off, I have never owned an ipod or a mp3 player either! You know I am very old school about stuff like that. Probably a similar reason while I am not on social media :( And also wanted to give a shout out to Right Now Media. We use them at church also & it is great! Might have to check out that oil......

    ReplyDelete