Friday, August 19, 2011

I made it!

I kept saying that I just needed to make it to August 15th.  Little Man had two weeks with no school before he started Kindergarten.  That was two weeks were I was going to have to entertain and deal with a five year old while juggling the needs of a new baby.  I had to come up with places for us to go and do it with a five/six week old baby in tow.  This was causing me great anxiety.

I'm happy to report that we all survived.  I found some great places for us to check out.  Everything worked out.  Little Man was good and Olivia cooperated for the most part.  Success.

I have also made it through the first week of Kindergarten.  I must say that I do think I'm going to enjoy this set up quite nicely.  I go to work at 7:30 and get LM fed and ready for school.  We leave his house around 8:30, I drop him off at school, and am back at my place by 8:40.  I don't have to leave my place to pick him up until about 2:35 (school is out at 2:45).  After that we have rest (nap) time.  From there we go to our afternoon activities of Tae Kwon Do or gymnastics.  I am off at 6:30.  So far it's felt like I am sort of on vacation.  As time goes on and Olivia gets older, our days will be filled with library story times, Little Gym classes, and so much more.  For now, we're all still adjusting and I am liking the relaxed pace just fine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment