Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A PSA

I decided it's time for a little Public Service Announcement around here.  Hope you don't mind.  Here it is:

DON'T ASK A WOMAN WHEN SHE IS GOING TO HAVE A CHILD.  EVER.

Seriously.  I know I've joked about it on here before, but it really is an inappropriate question.  It's such a touchy subject with so many women today.  I've known many to have difficulties.  It seems it is more common these days to have a problem getting pregnant than it is to actually get pregnant naturally.

I understand not everyone has issues getting pregnant.  Personally, I've never tried to get pregnant, so I'm not necessarily in that category.  But I DO know how annoying it is to be asked (over... and over... and over... and over... and over).

Here's the deal.... Woman are either,
*not with someone they want to have a kid with and that just creates worry or guilt
*not ready to have a kid and that's just flat out annoying to be asked
*has had issues trying to get pregnant (and/or miscarried) and is sensitive about it
*can't have kids and is hurt
*doesn't want kids ever and that just makes them feel judged
*still single and can hear their own biological clock ticking.  They don't need you to remind them!!
*wanting kids but it's not the right time, and that can be hurtful or annoying

So why do we as a society feel the need to constantly ask a woman when she is going to have a child?  STOP IT!  There is no reason, under any circumstances, where that questions needs to be asked.  I'm just saying.  That's my own little PSA.  (Too bad my family won't abide by it!)

2 comments:

  1. so when are you guys gonna start trying?

    LOL :) LOVE YOU!!! Have kids whenever you want...and I STILL get asked if we are going to have more kids, it never ends!!! (but after having 2, I don't get too annoyed with the question anymore--it was annoying when we got asked after we got back from our Honeymoon..seriously? babies were FAR from our mind at that point!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN PREACH IT SISTER!!!!

    ReplyDelete