Sunday, March 7, 2010

Six for Sunday

Some bloggers do a "five for Friday" post, which is basically just a bullet formed way of giving 5 highlights of their week, five thoughts, five pictures, whatever....

Well, I decided to be a rebel and make mine six... 
Oh, and while I'm at it, I'll do it on a SUNDAY.  
So here it is.  My "six for Sunday".

**One**
Saying good bye to Bob was sad.  He was and is THE most generous person I have ever met in my life.  He was my buddy.  He made me laugh.  Always.  He treated my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law like royalty.  He will be greatly missed.  I found out his nickname for me was "queenie".  That just makes me smile.

**Two**
I love the snow and don't mind the winter, but even I was feeling it was getting to be too much.  The sun has been shining the past few days, and I can't tell you how grateful I am.  It just makes everyone so happy.

**Three**
Michael's (not so) new contract for work states that he is suppose to get at least one full weekend off a month.  He is off this weekend and I love it.  No matter what we do.  Even if we end up just staying home and being bums. I love being with him.  Weekends off are cherished.

**Four**
I'm having a hard time figuring out a balance in my life.  Does anyone else feel like this?  In the past I've always felt I've had a pretty good balance, but for some time now my life has been out of balance.  There just aren't enough hours in the day.  How do you juggle family time, with relationships, with cooking, working, cleaning, exercising, grocery shopping, time with God, and on and on?  I think I'm also lacking motivation.  Where can I buy some more of that?  "I'll take motivation for a thousand, please.  Thanks Alec".

**Five**
Church was just what I needed last night.  I love my church.

**Six**
I think it's hilarious how kids are so in awe of teacher spottings in public.  I find myself in places where former students are (not necessarily mine, but maybe just went to my school) and they always stare.  It's hilarious too, because they always think they are being sneaky when they sneak a peek but to an adult it's so obvious.  I was spied on by three different kids last night at church.  So cute.  I probably would have done the same thing as a kid.  (Only I went to a baptist school where all the teachers had to attend that church, so I was never given the chance. :)

Happy Sunday.
I hope you are enjoying some sunshine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment