Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Marble Art Leaves

We made some more fall marble art.  (If you remember, the last marble art I showed you was from LAST year.  Of course we had to do some again!)

Here's what we used... fall colored paints, a box lid, paper, marbles, and a leaf template.







Remember how last time I couldn't find a marble?  Well, this time I just went ahead and bought a bag at JoAnn's.  It was only $2.49 and I'm sure we'll get lots of use out of them.  Little man was excited about them!







Lay the paper in the box lid and put a dot of paint around the edges.






Then put a marble (or two... or three!) in the lid, roll around and have fun!

 
 
 




We made a few of these.  One of them I tried to do without the green (although there was some green left in the box) and then another one we did without brown.

After the three paintings dried, I traced some leaves onto them, cut them out, and we glued them on to fall colored construction paper.






 




I love them!  If it was my kids art work, I would probably cut out the construction paper to make a thin layer of boarder.  I would probably make quite a few and decorate a door or something like that.  OR, you could take them to an office store, have them laminated with heavy duty laminate and use them as fall placemats. 

3 comments:

  1. That is super fun. I was planning on doing that in my class.

    It makes a beautiful leaf picture.
    Thanks for sharing that great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! I love marble painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always meant to try this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete