Thursday, October 15, 2009

The BEST Banana Bread Recipe

Ok, so I was a little hesitant to share this recipe.  It is THE BEST BANANA BREAD EVER, and I kind of like having the recipe to myself.  I kind of like being able to make people the moistest banana bread ever and hear their raves.  However, I got over my selfishness and decided to put it out there for you all.  Nice of me, huh? :)

Here's what you'll need:





1 cup butter                              
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
4 bananas
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbs buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1) cream butter and sugar--I've heard it's best to use room temp butter, but I'm never that on top of it.  I just melt it a little in the microwave.




2) mash bananas
3)beat 2 eggs (also heard those should be at room temp too) and add to bananas with the vanilla and the buttermilk.  I truly believe that the buttermilk is the key to this recipe.




4) mix well and add to creamed butter and sugar
5) sift flour, baking soda and salt and add to the mix (ok, I do no sifting--I just add it to the pot!)
 


6) blend well, but don't over mix!



7) pour into TWO greased loaf pans and bake 50 minutes. 

 
 
 
That's one of the things I like about the recipe, besides it being the best ever banana bread, is that it makes two loaves.  That leaves one loaf for Michael and I and one loaf to give away to family or friends.



 You want some don't you?




It's really yummy eaten cold or reheated.  We like to put ours in the microwave for 20 seconds and then lather it with butter.  Enjoy!

3 comments: